Injector latency from DATA sheet...

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Dustin792

Injector latency from DATA sheet...

Post by Dustin792 »

Hello everyone, so I am finally getting to tuning this 1989 Nissan 240sx, the engine(CA18DET running Nistune) has 800cc deatschwerks low impedence injectors installed.

I have attached the data sheet for the injectors in this post.

Basically I have reached out to deatschwerks multiple times trying to figure what the injector latency at 14 volts would be for this set of injectors with no avail. In the data sheet you will see it talks about the offset table provided not being accurate for people running these injectors with a oem resistor pack inline(I am running the stock resistor pack inline with these injectors).

So is there a way to extrapolate from the data sheet what my injection latency should be at 14 volts? Or maybe some other way? What would be a good round about number to start with? any help is appreciated.
Attachments
42M 800cc Technical Data Sheet.pdf
(212.35 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Injector latency from DATA sheet...

Post by Matt »

I would start with about 800uS for those injectors. Once you start tuning and have 14.7:1 at cruise (near 0% trims) then see what AFRs are like at idle and then adjust this figure until you have stoich (14.7:1) or slightly richer if the engine runs better
Dustin792

Re: Injector latency from DATA sheet...

Post by Dustin792 »

Thanks for the info, I was set on a number in that area but just wanted to make sure I was thinking about in the right way. I will give it go, appreciate the help.