Z31 non turbo ecu with turbo idle controls

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

bsdkllr

Re: Z31 non turbo ecu with turbo idle controls

Post by bsdkllr »

over the weekend i swapped the 440cc injectors with the stock 260cc injectors. while doing it i noticed i had a few loser than liked bolts holding the lower intake manifold on. it might have been leaking air. welp. :evil:

currently it is running fairly good. but maybe once i get my afr meter hooked up and get my exhaust in i may attempt the injectors again.
further research shows the Euro Z31 had 340cc injectors from the factory and the ecu images do show a different k const value. so i will probably use that image to base my tune off of. as its closer than 260cc to 440cc in change.
wilsonthesphere

Post by wilsonthesphere »

You really need a afr meter to tweak the K or TIM parameter to get it the engine running right. Also critical to have everything perfect. Like New wires, new spark plugs (correcly gapped), new distributor cap, new rotor, make sure the TPS is working properly based off the Nissan FSM and the physical timing matches what nistune tells you . After that you can be confident that you just need to change Nistune settings. You dont want to be second guess your self all the time between Physical problem vs Setting problem.
bsdkllr

Post by bsdkllr »

once my exhaust comes in i will have the afr to tweak this right. the engine was just rebuilt and i followed the FSM for bolt torques unfortunately they might not have been tight enough. the seemed pretty loose when assembled. as of right now its running in its stock form. and so far it seems to be running pretty well.