Lambda ecu on non lambda car

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

crispyj

Lambda ecu on non lambda car

Post by crispyj »

Hi can somebody help.

I have a uk Ca18det non lambda car, I have fitted an nistune ecu which was on a lambda vehicle. When I start the car it runs for two seconds and then cuts out. My aem wideband reads 14.5. Is the ecu cutting out as there is no lambda signal?

Thanks chris
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Lambda ecu on non lambda car

Post by Matt »

There are some differences between the lambda (39Fxx) and non lambda (44Fxx) ECUs. Including the O2 sensor, cat converter and the MAF wiring at a minimum.

I'm not sure on the other differences between the two models as to why it is cutting out. It would be a good idea to take a log, including the AFRs when it cuts out and see if that gives any clues

Also make sure MAF voltage shows correctly. One version has no adjustment screw, and the other does

After starting, after 2 seconds the enrichment counter is almost 0 which may be why it is leaning out, since maybe adjustment screw is maybe expected, but missing?
crispyj

Post by crispyj »

The car is non lambda , however the ecu with the nistune installed is from a lambda car. So I either need to run a rom from a older ecu or turn off the lambda. Is this possible thanks.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

You should reflash the board to a matching ROM file. I'm not sure what happens with a mismatched ROM (not tried it)