Running off knock tables always

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

Re: Running off knock tables always

Post by Matt »

Uses a fixed injection time when no MAF connected. Cannot comment or speculate without logs
Tbstr3

Post by Tbstr3 »

The .bin and the log while vehicle is cold (it was doing it when cold and operating temp), but I found we had grounded the wire you said not too for the z32 MAF way better now only when at operating temp. If you punch the gas while cold it's still goes straight lean, even though 4.xx TPS and MAF increased. Please let me know what you see, but we are getting way better :)
Attachments
NIStune_2018-06-19_1658_52.csv
(51.8 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
Pretty good 6-19-2018.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
Shaker

Post by Shaker »

Excuse me, could you please explain, how to access / see the knock tables? I've been using nistune for 2 years now and have never seen those. I thought, it's an old feature that is obsolete. Further I thought, the ECU simply reduces ignition timing by 4 deg. per rotation in case of knock, what makes a real "knock table" unnecessary. At least it says so in the Nissan service manual.

Can somebody update me, please? :)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Feature pack removed the knock (low octane) tables and used the spare memory for flex tables instead

Log shows initial punch throttle at 3.26 (then 4V) with 7.67ms initial injection (acceleration enrich). After this then injection to 5ms which is the currently tuned injection time.

What I do not see is your AFRs in the log to tell you anything apart from this. If you say it is running lean, then your base mixtures are probably incorrect, and you need to set up 14.7:1 at cruise by adjusting TIM

When you go on boost does it go upto the 40 column? The factory scaling went upto 83 originally... Would suggest using factory scales, and then double your K constant, half your current injection time so that TP operates in the normal range
Attachments
Playback_Capture.PNG
(211.88 KiB) Downloaded 1191 times
Tbstr3

Post by Tbstr3 »

I have been getting things sorted, ok and everything is starting to come together. I am facing an issue with the car breaking up down low, if I push through it everything's fine, I've look at the quick log of it happening and cannot pinpoint the issue, before I go replacing parts I'm hoping someone can see what's happening by reading the log. Thanks again and MATT Thanks for the previous email, moving the MAF further away solved my Stalling issue :D
Attachments
NIStune_2018-08-12_2151_44.csv
(13.85 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
20psi map smoothed 8-12.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
Tbstr3

Post by Tbstr3 »

I believe I've fixed yesterdays problem with changing the spark plugs. Today I took it out and it seems to be hitting TP load cut, It's highlighted Red anyways, maybe because the KNOCK CODE I didn't notice until now (Any Guidance here on what to do?) I added fuel yesterday ,which is why we are rich at the top end, I have since increased the Fuel and Ignition Load scale, since it was going to 106 (Have yet to drive it since) anything else you see to help guide me would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
NIStune_2018-08-13_2202_59.csv
(32.95 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
Tbstr3

Post by Tbstr3 »

I'm all good! got it figured out now thanks