Idle problem

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

Re: Idle problem

Post by Matt »

Okay use the latest version (test version) with the address file replaced in the \Documents\Nistune\Address folder

As per screen shot attached. 37- 55 degC is for the warmup table. Same as CA18

What was in the one you were using was actually the idle timing table parameters

There is another offset which I've fudged for now. Idle timing offset parameter with value 25 this gets added to the idle timing table if over the warmup timing min temperature but the other warmup parameters are not within range

Usually these value should not need adjusting unless TP has shifted due to K constant changes and then readjust TP values accordingly
Attachments
BASE_RB30_VG30_128_E.adr
address file update
(2.11 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
z31_updates.png
Z31 updates
(113.14 KiB) Downloaded 2688 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Oh you can see I added the knock retard limit table in there also for Z31 !

I will need to check these over the other related Z31 and VLT/R31 address files to make sure they are compatible
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Use this file instead. I've found that various vehicles using the base file do not have some of these tables.

For example R31 does not have a warmup table (but does have idle tables) and its knock tables are not used (and empty in the maps) because it is a non turbo ECU
Attachments
Z31_VG30_128_E_86-89.adr
(2.12 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Put up test version today with these and other fixes 0.15
Russ84NA

Post by Russ84NA »

Thanks Matt. I will give it a try and let you know how it works
Russ84NA

Post by Russ84NA »

Just finished running the car again. I changed the conditional settings to the following:
Warmup timing RPM Max to 2000
Warmup timing RPM Min was not available
Warmup timing Temp Max to 30
Warmup timing Temp Min to 20
Warmup timing TP Max to 35

Ran the same bin file as before. Used the test version .15 of Nistune
Last time the Coolant temp was about 27*C and at 37* it pulled timing to 25* until 55*
This time due to fall temps in the states the coolant temp started at 17*C

It ran fine until the coolant temp reached 20*C. At this point the timing fluctuated between 25* and 45*. Acted as a cam lope. The TP ranged between 28 and 36. The car continued to idle on its own, just not quite smooth. At 30*C the timing returned to 40*-43* range and the car idled fine. This continued all the way past the 55*C point
I have attached a log of the run.
My question is which conditional tables should be changed. I am assuming that it would be the Temp Max and Min. If they are set on 15*C or so would that move the map out of the range and take care of the problem?
Also should the TP condition be lowered to about 30?

One table I didn't change was the Warmup timing idle Temp Max table. It was set on -50*C. If the car is idling and the TPS is closed would this control the change at 30* and if the throttle is open then the warmup timing temp Max would?
Any help would be appreciated as I have to let the car cool of before I can run it again.
If this is the best I get it is not a problem as in the summer the start temps would be above the 30* temp.
Attachments
with 8-29-2013 idle timing AFR fixes 3rd bin_3.csv
(440.99 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
Russ84NA

Post by Russ84NA »

Did another pull this morning. Start coolanttemp was again 17* C.
This time I changed the Constant tables to Bernardd's suggestions.
Warmup timing RPM Max was set to 0
Warmup timing temp Max was set to-50* the lowest setting
Warmup timing temp Min was set to 205, again the maximum
Warmup timing temp TP Max was set at 1

This time the timing fluctuated a few degrees and the ranges dropped a degree for each increase in coolant temp. Once the temps reached about 30*C the timing remained constant in the 41* range. I ran it until I got to about 50* C coolant temp and the timing stayed in the ranges so the car would continue to idle without having to give it more gas to keep it going.

Thanks Matt for the access to the maps and Bernardd and Raddy for the suggestions.

Russ
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Hi Russ

So this works okay now that the warmup timing is effectively disabled (RPM max seto to 0 and TP set to 1)

You can alter these to add in warmup timing still, just set the parameters to the window to contain the warmup timing
Russ84NA

Post by Russ84NA »

Matt,
I was still having a few issues, but they appear to be related to adding to much fuel the cells in the lower TP and RPM range. I did this early on to try to get the A/F ratio up and get the car to run while it warmed up. Once I change the conditional limits and took the idle maps out of play it left me with to much fuel and plugs that were loading up.
Went back to the fuel map and removed about 10 to 11 units of fuel out of the cells that were being accessed. This brought the A/F ratio from 13.9 to 14.5 or so. This mark was determined by the changing the fuel map over to the A/F reading. I had removed the wideband so I couldn't confirm it. Anyway, after cleaning the plugs, the engine started and idled fine at the event last weekend.
Thanks again for all your help.
I am waiting for launch control whenever it is ready.

Russ