Knock warning

Discuss possible software enhancements/changes here.

Moderator: Matt

Mads B (dk)

Post by Mads B (dk) »

do you need a NIStune Base Image Programmer Board or will this work

http://www.progshop.com/shop/programmer ... index.html
1991 Nissan S13 CA18DET EURO Spec.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

defiantely the base image programmer, nothing else will read the ENT files or know how to program special NVsRAM we use on the boards
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

patcher done for Type 2. I've got the HCR32 patched tonight (to be tested again on bench). Z32 I'm working on now... diassembly is different so I'm not sure if I've got the right bit of code, so thats to be tested also
Seank

Post by Seank »

Waiting with baited breath for the completion of this... :) Thanks for all your work Matt.
Twin-turboZ

Post by Twin-turboZ »

If anyone needs a board re-programmed feel free to email me as i am not on the forums that often.

venom_motorsports@telus.net

Hey Matt the shed must be a bit of a sweat box with the temps you have had lately....LOL
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

yeah tell me about it... 40 degree temps in previous weeks. fortunately its been cooler lately so I've been able to fix my car back up without too much drama

i've got that up and going again now so should be able to continue testing my Type 2 firmware out for HCR32/Z32 again
Matt
Site Admin

heres the ENT files ...

Post by Matt »

HCR32 and BNR32 for tonight

was going to put up CA18 but cant get it going right now during testing so try again tomorrow
Attachments
bnr32_knocktest.zip
knock enabled BNR32
(21.35 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
hcr32_knocktest.zip
knock enabled HCR32
(17.87 KiB) Downloaded 192 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

what the hell... Type 1.... here is Z31 (1988SS), VL Turbo (RB30ET) both tested okay

S13 CA18 worked last time i tested it but my ECU looks stuffed now on the knock sensor side of things so something might be broken on my bench. same firmware. Someone please check that one for me if possible (tap your knock sensor and it should start counting in the Knock Detect window)

Note this window must be active for knock detection to work in your maps etc

I will look at Type345 patcher next week starting with S13 SR20DET
Attachments
vlt_rb30_knocktest.zip
VL turbo RB30ET
(12.99 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
z31_late_knocktest.zip
Z31 1986-1989 VG30ET
(14.93 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
s13_ca18_knocktest.zip
S13 CA18DET Euro
(16.29 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
kenbam

Post by kenbam »

Hi matt, i take it these need to be put on the eprom using a base programmer. In the event that i dont have one, whats the best option to get this installed.
Ken
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

probably best to do an exchange over with myself. shoot me an email to organise (remember this is still beta test but I've tested hcr32 on dyno before with earlier firmware)
TM_S13

Post by TM_S13 »

so, we need to update the firmware on the daughter board first, right?
don't quite have the time right now to do so, but as soon as I can I'll upgrade and let you know.

edit: just donwloaded the file for the s13 ca18det ... will this *.ent file work with all the other ECU numbers? or should I wait for the one for my ECU ?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

if you have a base image programmer you can just chuck that one on for now to try it out. it should work with any ca18 ECU but each one has different configuration

im looking into the PFC stuff and they also flash the check engine light 3 times on detonation. i'm thinking of flickering it when knock is detected
TM_S13

Post by TM_S13 »

that sounds like a good idea Matt. like that we one know at wich situtation knock has occured.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

you wont be able to use the willem programmer with reprogramming these boards. we used to use a modified willem a long time ago but things have changed quite a bit since this

one of the extra lines we had needed to be filtered and since parallel ports dont seem to follow any specification we had to redesign the existing implementation to allow for this. circuitry and software is completely redone since we based from that in the beginning

i'm looking at adding flashing knock light where the CEL/exhaust temp indicator is. If I can put that on before do board exchanges whilst those who have programmers test the existing ENT files out, this would be the way to go. I need to locate the memory address of the light indicator and work out how to pulse it then update the firmware. I'm sure people would be keen to have this in also in addition to knock report on the display
crans

Post by crans »

att are you able to post up what assembler you use aswell as any free reference material you use for playing with the firmware?

Have you located where the fuel cut is? If so does there look like there is enough room for modifying it to an ignition cut?

Im very interested in working on this. also a speed based limitier is another thing i would like to play with

Cheers for the help