Launch control

Discuss possible software enhancements/changes here.

Moderator: Matt

Vetal

Re: Launch control

Post by Vetal »

Yes please please please do
Vetal

Post by Vetal »

Happy New Year everyone :)
supersayianjim

Post by supersayianjim »

any updates. iam forced to consider a bee-r rev limiter!!
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Going to start looking into it this month. So many different vehicles that people want it for. Currently S13 SR20DET, S13 CA18DET, HCR RB20DET, B13 SR20DE, S13 KA24DE
OptimumSE-R

Post by OptimumSE-R »

Any updates on this, Matt? I want this so bad and would hate to spend extra money on a digital 6
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Nothing yet. I am flat out with finalising the Type 5 and OBD-II boards over the last few weeks and hit a few issues. After this will start Launch control work.. promise!
Vetal

Post by Vetal »

Matt wrote:Nothing yet. I am flat out with finalising the Type 5 and OBD-II boards over the last few weeks and hit a few issues. After this will start Launch control work.. promise!
Would be cool :) I'm always advocating Nistune against standalones, and this feature is so needed :)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Type 5 boards have been finished last Friday with documentation and BIP software completed. All of that is moving into field testing with three customers with boards fitted

Type 4 OBD-II has had the ROM1+ROM2 images sucked out from 1996 A32 VQ30DE, Z32 VG30DETT and S14 KA24DE ECUs via some very tricky direct chip read methods since consult doesnt do this

Was also looking into 1997 A32 VQ30DE and 1999 B14 SR20DE however whilst I've identified ECU jumpers, memory locations etc I can only read out ROM1 via consult because the ROM1/ROM2 are embedded in the same chip as the MCU so might be impossible to extract (still working on that)

At this stage the Type 4 OBD-II board works on the three 1996 ECUs but I've found a glitch where TP is being set to maximum when the board is installed in the ECU resulting in no injection.

ECU program still runs okay so I think the RAM is getting corrupted due to electrical interference with the CPLDs and the ECU. This has been a massive blow to the developments efforts since a batch of boards was made up and these were just about ready to be released. I need to investigate it further which will take up to another week.

Unfortunately I've been sick all this week so just doing the minimum work necessary whilst recovering. After this work will continue on the Type 4 OBD-II board to complete this and then I can work on the firmware updates after this
Vetal

Post by Vetal »

:)
OptimumSE-R

Post by OptimumSE-R »

April is here!
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yeah I know... damn time goes too fast. Okay Type 5 required some rework after some issues during field testing. Those were fixed and boards sent back out again

First dyno run with the K11 Type 5 has been done I'm updating K11 internals in Nistune at the moment to fix up maptracing with those ECUs

Also Type 4 OBD-II still investigating glitching late last week before the easter weekend. Found an intermittent issue to do with timing which is causing memory reads from the board to fail. It gets worse with EMI from the crystal in the ECU so still looking into that further.

This means no work yet on this firmware until these boards are finished!!
Vetal

Post by Vetal »

:)
BlueRB240

Post by BlueRB240 »

OptimumSE-R

Post by OptimumSE-R »

Any update? :(
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Still working on the firmware updates at the moment. Its good ... its in progress now