nistune message consolidation

Discuss possible software enhancements/changes here.

Moderator: Matt

bachig24u

nistune message consolidation

Post by bachig24u »

Hi Matt,
Can we have the option to consolidate nistune messages in to the "ECU status messages" window?

I find myself looking back and fourth to see if files are saved, uploaded, connection failed, warning boxes, unsaved files, etc.

the messages can go off screen and no scroll back to see how long/often something was occuring for.
its great having the ecu status but sending all messages to it, maybe just use different colours for different messages would suffice.
red ecu warning messages, yellow for program messages, blue or green for informational like file autosaved as r33gtr-01.bin

KR
Sime
Matt
Site Admin

Re: nistune message consolidation

Post by Matt »

The message status window already does the green/yellow/red status. That is how it was coded.

However not all items in the 'status bar' such as STORE, upload etc are put in there. Also there is no scroll bar to go through messages. I can look at that as an enhancement with more common items (ones that can fit)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Auto saving updates to this message box will flood the window, losing its usefulness. Perhaps some filter options could be added to assist here. Would require some recoding of the box logic
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

yeah true, leave autosave as a background function in that case.