auto save feature

Discuss possible software enhancements/changes here.

Moderator: Matt

bachig24u

auto save feature

Post by bachig24u »

Hi Matt,
due to the last dyno day in total loss due to my file save not being updated and then uploaded the last bin to the ecu and losing the lot.

an incremental "auto save" function would resolve this.

another function would be a change log thats recording all the changes and an option to load those changes back in to current bin.

Tunerpro uses something similar and it also uses it as a bin descriptor so you always can easily lookup what was done to the tune.
HPT give you options to add your own description but I think its not as useful as you cant always recall everything that was done.
for example.

"TIM" 300, 800.
"injector latency" 560, 1020
fuel knock map "44,5500,14.70, 12.06

it could occur only using ROM PACK base map as an example so another option

"TIM" +500
"injectory latency" +400
fuel knock map "44,5500, 28

KR
Sime
Matt
Site Admin

Re: auto save feature

Post by Matt »

I always update my files as they are modified. For example R34_1000CC_HPX_V1, then after updates V2 etc. That way if I make a mistake or need to go back, I have those files there with their different version

There is an autosave.bin file which is put in the Documents\Nistune folder, but that is primarily for recovery from accidental shutdown of the software

We work with BIN files, so the incremental updates (History) cannot be saved to tune file like HPTuners. However the undo/redo functionality does record changes to sections as you go (CTRL-Z or CTRL-SHIFT-F for example) so there is sort of a history, but it cannot be saved anywhere (lost on close)

I could record those changes as a list in the software, but as for who could view and use them?
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

what if each time a change was made, 30 seconds later an autosave bin was written with a timestamp on the end?

don't really need, A change log but it is handy.. I use the comparison feature and it works well once you turn it off/on after making changes.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yeah I could add that to a new folder in the Documents/Nistune folder. Only when changes are made