Flat shift

Discuss possible software enhancements/changes here.

Moderator: Matt

skylinegtrhr

Re: Flat shift

Post by skylinegtrhr »

TE27Levin wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:51 am
Zedstar wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:40 am Has anyone tested Flat Shift ? . Interested to hear comments.
I just did the feature pack update yesterday, only to realize my 88 Silvia doesn't have a clutch switch... I pinned my CA to SR patch harness for the wire anyway.... I acquired a brake light switch from a Toyota sienna I will try and make work.
Hi can you please tell me where did you get update with SR flat shift? I can't find it , I need for S14 SR20det
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Still in development. Planning on doing several vehicles at a time S14 - S15 are first. I am part time on Nistune outside my other work so my time is limtied
skylinegtrhr

Post by skylinegtrhr »

So we installed ZF8HP gearbox in S14 SR20Det and now flatshift would be perfect for this application :)...
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Good stuff. The code for flatshift is not in the 16 bit models (even R34) at this time. I've been debugging/fixing the code for these models over the week, so its work in progress. Address files for 16 bit will have this added in the next release, and the firmware updates will follow. Unfortunately I need to retest all FP functions to make sure nothing breaks
Nenaudelis

Post by Nenaudelis »

Hi,
what type of clutch sensor are you using for clutch engage signal? Do you have suggestion or examples?
Last edited by Nenaudelis on Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I'm not sure what people are using or plan to use. I've just added the functionality into the software

S14, S14A and S15 are now tested as of yesterday. I'm working on S13 today
skylinegtrhr

Post by skylinegtrhr »

Hi Matt
when we can expect ENT and address file with flat shift? (for S14 DET)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

In about two weeks. I'm still running through the testing for other variants, but I have to put up a new version of the Nistune software (with address file updates) as well as the ROM pack update
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

More updates today. I've just finished off RNN14 and next onto S13 SR20DE. There are still updates to the address files (had some address usage overlaps today), which is part of the main software package. So I cannot do another FP ROM pack update until all address files are verified
TE27Levin

Post by TE27Levin »

Is there any examples of functioning flat shift out in the wild yet? The clutch switch from the p/s switch is no longer a thing correct?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

It needs clutch switch (from power steering input) to activate it. Once released, RPMs back to normal
TE27Levin

Post by TE27Levin »

I pinned my ecu patch connector pin 43 for the switch but it doesnt seem to pick it up? Is it one of the "bit 1 to whatever" control flags? That I perhaps dont have switched on?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

There was an issue found with the S14 flat shift (yes the tickbox needs to be enabled for it). There is a memory overlap between TIM and this parameter. I am going to fix it today and update all the ROM packs and address files
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Here is the testing for the new version going up today

1. Tick flat shift enable to use it
2. Enable flat flash to see when it is working
3. Set the TPS flat shift point at which it stops (if throttle under this value, then drives as normal)
4. Power steering idle line, cut and put to clutch switch

When activated, CEL will flash and RPM limit is activated
Default RPM cut is 8000, so you can set say 2000rpm and it will do a RPM limit here, until either throttle further, or switch is released
Attachments
2022-06-24 12_42_29-Nistune [S14(SR20DET) Feature Pack 2.0 (Version_ 1)].png
(177.73 KiB) Downloaded 1256 times
TE27Levin

Post by TE27Levin »

Well I mean I think my powersteering input doesnt seem to be enabled at all. Is one of those unlabeled bit selections to enable the powersteering switch as an input? The update looks pretty rad though.