Logs/tune on the cloud?

Discuss possible software enhancements/changes here.

Moderator: Matt

djstatic

Logs/tune on the cloud?

Post by djstatic »

Hey Matt, ever thought of integrating NT with Google Drive or DropBox?

https://developers.google.com/drive/examples/index

Would be handy for those with multiple notebooks etc.
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Logs/tune on the cloud?

Post by Matt »

Not at the moment. Most workshops use a single laptop and usually not net connected. Individuals may have a couple of laptops but a shared windows drive to work on tunes between multiple machines is what I use here
Eric

Post by Eric »

a (compact) usb-stick works like a charm also :wink:
djstatic

Post by djstatic »

yeah with the actual app installed (google drive) it becomes part of the file system anyways.

It was silly to talk about it now that I've had time to think more on the subject. It's just with bouncing between 4 notebooks, the logs and bin file I was trying to find/open never seem to be on the computer I was using.

I have an Alienware x14 sitting around doing nothing, might dedicate that to the Nistune stuff (still seems a waste, but it looks cool lol)
RomChip200

Post by RomChip200 »

I'm exactly in the same situation, having 3 notebooks... one fixed in the car... one at home to check comfortably the logs or work on bins and one at work to do the same ... and bins and logs must be shared and synchronized b/w all these PCs at any time.

I ended up using a program as File Synchronizer to sync all the files needed in one mouse click on a USB stick.
So I know my USB stick has always all the latest versions of everything.

This is a kind of SW configuration management or SW versioning :-)
djstatic

Post by djstatic »

Mounted in car you say? Not sure why I didn't think of it earlier, but..

Dell Latitude (something like an old E6400) with a docking station, They have 12v DC adapters too. Mounting it could be a little ugly though, and there's the Cop factor when you get pulled over.
It's not like they don't have mounted notebooks in their cars lol.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Having laptop etc in my car and all these cables during testing kinda gets me a bit nervous when police are close :wink:
djstatic

Post by djstatic »

Matt wrote:Having laptop etc in my car and all these cables during testing kinda gets me a bit nervous when police are close :wink:
Tell me about it. I don't even drive my car at night on weekends.

My cables (3 serial - Consult, AEM UGEO, AEM Boost Gauge) used to be routed to the glove box and looked really sus with a notebook attached. Now I have the DLP-IO8 and USB>serial cable routed to the centre console. 1 less cable and a shorter run makes a big difference in the appearance. Now I just need the DLP to play nice, but that's another thread and I'm rambling :)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I route my cables from centre console down, so doesnt look too sus. Having SLC LED wideband in there is good for seeing AFRs but still attracts attention

I responded to your thread just then. Finally got to testing this morn. Something not right with the table location or something with your DLP. I tried that out on 0.10.21 and works fine.

If DLP is your second device then make sure you edit the AUX tables in the main wideband folder. I'm going to change that scheme in future to use one main folder and pull wideband tables over on selection

Good idea nulling those tables though. I was grounding all the extra inputs currently
djstatic

Post by djstatic »

Matt wrote:Good idea nulling those tables though. I was grounding all the extra inputs currently
I thought of grounding the inputs not in use also. (may be the last resort)

Would be nice to select what input is AFR L & R, at first I thought it was 1 and 2, but it's 1 and 8 right?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Only AFRL is available on the DLP. Second AFRR is always for a second device (apart from innovate when in chaining mode)

You can reuse one of the AUX and call that AFRR and put the lookup table in the corresponding AUX file instead
RomChip200

Post by RomChip200 »

Basically, having a notebook on the passenger seat is not a problem here, except you always have to keep your eyes on the road, this is what the cops check (same if using GPS or radar warning application ..)

I use this micro PC for Nistune,

mounted on the center glovebox (no Bose center speaker here) with a suction holder and the dedicated Viliv holder (no drill ...):

so it sits b/w the clock and the audio head unit, and doesn't look odd.
RomChip200

Post by RomChip200 »

My setup, few cables messing the things up .....

Matt, you can notice some buttons are still not reacheable on Nistune ...
IMG_1463.JPG
(1.66 MiB) Downloaded 5563 times
IMG_1462.JPG
(1.77 MiB) Downloaded 5563 times
IMG_1461.JPG
(1.8 MiB) Downloaded 5563 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Right click and can force small/large icons now or leave unticked for auto size icons