FONT SIZE/COLOUR

Discuss possible software enhancements/changes here.

Moderator: Matt

Torque

FONT SIZE/COLOUR

Post by Torque »

I think I did ask this before, but

would it be possible to set the font colour (in the grid) to something else than white?
It is a pain to read, especially on bright green.

Also how about changing the font size? There is so much room in the cells, why not make the figures larger?
When you rescale the grid, the font does not scale up to the available space!

On my laptop it is very difficult to read. :(

Changing the Windows (the OS) font size does only have an impact on the left selection menu bar, and not on
other windows.
Attachments
size.jpg
(29.22 KiB) Downloaded 4871 times
grid.jpg
(36.54 KiB) Downloaded 4872 times
bachig24u

Re: FONT SIZE/COLOUR

Post by bachig24u »

its not just your laptop..

I have the same readability issue.. I started using accesibility options "magnifier" when I'm at the track.

I think matt has been busy fixing all the newly introduced bugs to his latest beta's and will probably get around to fixing this "software enhancement" soon as the dust settles.
Torque

Post by Torque »

Hi there,

I am glad it's not just me ;)
The magnifier ... never thought of this ... does it work?

On my 17'' laptop every aspect of Nistune is (too) tiny.
The icons are tiny too (I know Matt is working on these)

I know it is difficult to find good contrast colours but this one has to be changed somehow.

I lost track of all these beta version, I have 13R and 14 .. that's as far as I go :)
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

Yes, it works well if you are focusing on a particular area.

I'm the same with new releases. good news is, will no longer be forced to upgrade since the 0.9 to 0.10, but be aware that even re-releases contain some changes. (e.g. address files, renaming of tables)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

On the list. Prob is font sizes get screwed up depending if you only horizontal or vertical size. Trying to find solution to that. Large icons in 0.10.19. Still running through bug list. None left now were recently introduced probs
Torque

Post by Torque »

bachig24u wrote:Yes, it works well if you are focusing on a particular area.

I'm the same with new releases. good news is, will no longer be forced to upgrade since the 0.9 to 0.10, but be aware that even re-releases contain some changes. (e.g. address files, renaming of tables)

Yes, I figured the hard way ..

But it is certainly welcomed that one isn't forced to upgrade any more, also this will give Matt more time for development and testing.
The many Betas confuse me, and I would have hated being forced to upgrade.

I'll stay put until the dust has setted :)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

The last 0.10.13 Re-release took the exact same baseline (including address files out of my repository)

The betas are there for people wanting to test out new changes as they become available. There are a list of changes in each versions listed in the post and a release note also with those changes

In addition there are people requiring intermediate changes due to more tables added, new ECU supported etc so they use those releases

More betas between major releases is good because it means any problems are picked up sooner. Also I get to test changes more frequently now meaning reduced bugs introduced into future releases

I dont understand how that can be confusing
Torque

Post by Torque »

If you put yourself in the position of the end-user and not the delveloper, then
it might become clear to you.

http://www.nistune.com/support-downloads.php

There are 3 BETA versions with the same description, if that is not confusing what is?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

That most users would grab the latest version if testing, otherwise the stable version at the top

Descriptions on this page for each one:
viewforum.php?f=12

Problem is that if I put the changes on each item (as I did previously) it starts filling up the downloads page that page (making it more confusing)
Torque

Post by Torque »

OK .. I understand .. you must be quite busy with all these changes lately.

For me (as a mere Type2 user) it is not always clear what has changed with regards
to other ECUs, but I figure it must be quite an effort on your side.
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

I'm hoping the "display consult gauges" is also on the list.

I can hardly read it now. maybe just getting old but on 1400x900 its very difficult.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I want to make customisable gauges which have various gauges available and adjust to window size. Consult gauges were good back on lower res laptops in 2005 but these days with higher resolution this needs to be replaced
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

i like the way the logworks gauges just stretch to fit... not many other DAq software has that neat feature.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Thats what I was thinking then looking at logworks a few weeks ago. Flexibility is nice but its going to be a pain and take a while to code, but will be worth it in the end