Base Idle / Timing Mode

Discuss possible software enhancements/changes here.

Moderator: Matt

lynchfourtwenty

Base Idle / Timing Mode

Post by lynchfourtwenty »

so i've played with a few consult type programs now, nissan data scan an conzult and they both have a idle / timing mode adjustment button, thus eliminating the rain dance.

does Nistune have this and im just blind? if not it sure would be nice, you would just stick it in with the "Consult Active Test" stuff.

it would just make my life easier to not have to use 2 programs to get things done and im sure it would help many other people that may not even know of timing mode an such.
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Base Idle / Timing Mode

Post by Matt »

Yes if you adjust the timing in consult active test inside Nistune then it will set a timing flag, then start the test and timing should hold. I need to re-test this functionality actually since it didnt behave the way I expected on the bench last week
lynchfourtwenty

my 91-92 tyoe 3 doesnt seem to have this funtion, i looked over it several times and there is no idle or timing mode function. :(
lynchfourtwenty

heres some pics of what i got maybe you can tell me what i need to do

they are basically the same pic but i scrolled down in the second one.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

change the base timing value to select what you want and then hit 'start'

Yes this needs to be in the manual but I'm waiting until after all the GUI updates are done
lynchfourtwenty

OK here's Nissan data scan, you can clearly see the base idle adjustment on the right there's just a start button, which is separate from the temporary one on the left.. very simple and effective.. you push the button, set the timing with a timing light and adjust the idle if need be using the knob or screw on the IACV

Heres Conzult, basically the same type of deal..

just click the base idle adjustment button and this pops up

then you just set the timing with a timing light and adjust the idle if needed with the IACV screw / knob just like NDS.. again very simple and effective..

correct me if im wrong, but the one in nistune does not work like this, its more like the temporary one in NDS on the left in the picture. i dont know how anyone could live with out this feature.. i just hate bouncing around between programs..

have you caught wind of the NEMU stuff? you guys have some serious competition now.. i love nistune but y'all are falling behind with all the new developments.. :(
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Haven't seen that part before in NDS as its not a standard part of the consult documentation. Will have a look into it. I've noted this accordingly

We are aware of the NEMU project. Its a joint venture between Dave Dunn (TunerCode), Craig Moates (emulator on board) and John K (Nismotronic) where as I did the hardware, logic, firmware for the boards and application software in windows (PLMS does the board layout from schematics and logistics handling) so got my hands full at the moment (not to mention orders, ECU installs and continuous influx of email!)... also not to mention we support about 70 different ECU types already (!)

Now doing Nistune as a full time job since November so a lot of work is going on the background (mainly catching up at the moment now school holidays are over and then finishing up the OBD-II and Type 5 boards). Once this is complete we will look more seriously into the (more needed) firmware enhancements which are offered.

Onboard emulation was an idea we always played with (we could even integrate the Moates NEMU board with Nistune if needed) but we dont like the idea of onboard batteries (ever had a Moates ostrich corrupt on you?) due to supportability issues
lynchfourtwenty

right on matt thanks for lookin into it for me :)

as for the nemu stuff, they got some cool stuff going on for sure. I really like nistune for its simplicity and for the support you provide. keep up the good work :)