v0.9110 issues

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

alexj

v0.9110 issues

Post by alexj »

hi matt, got a couple for ya, brace yourself :) i've checked the bug list and i think they not lready known ones.

i'm using the hcr32 adf file and blatz consult cable for these tests. updated to 0.9110 though these may be in earlier versions too.

1.with two identical maps loaded and comparison ticked it gives incorrect reading for "comp" on the popup screens for; rev limit 1 and speed limit 1,2,3.

2.if you disable "auto close grid with graph" then open, say, the fuel map then close the grid leaving the graph open you cannot open the grid again by clicking the menu item until you close the graph window - then they both open together when you lick the menu item, as normal.

3.resizing the graph windows result in graph moving off center and sometimes out of view. increasing/reducing the scale of the vertical axis has a similar effect.

4."O" key toggle O2 flag doesn't work if raw value is lower than 192

5."injection latency" edit window has gone a bit mad. instead of "value" it says "us" and the decimal value is like 1520 (where it should be 74) the hex value is unaffected.

6.when you toggle betwen stream and tuner mode it disconnects from consult

7.Some of the scales on the consult gauges are not right (eg Alpha) sorry i'll get a screenshot of this.

9.I get an unnessecary horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of "tables" menu (not a biggie). Also the "tables menu" does a wierd "select all" (all the items flash blue) every time you click an indivual item.

10.on the configuration screen "enable multiple windows" unticks itself every time the configuration screen loads.

thats probably enough lol

Alex (10years experience as a vb dev so i'm a bastard beta tester)
kenbam

issues

Post by kenbam »

I can answer no 5, its micro seconds. Have noticed No. 3 though, moreso the timing map than anything else.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

yikes :shock:

okay the good news is there is a 0.9111b version (in the test release directory) with some of these already fixed up. I'm just checking some of the stuff now
1.with two identical maps loaded and comparison ticked it gives incorrect reading for "comp" on the popup screens for; rev limit 1 and speed limit 1,2,3.
fixed in test 0.9111b
2.if you disable "auto close grid with graph" then open, say, the fuel map then close the grid leaving the graph open you cannot open the grid again by clicking the menu item until you close the graph window - then they both open together when you lick the menu item, as normal.
interesting find. now fixed for next 0.9111
3.resizing the graph windows result in graph moving off center and sometimes out of view. increasing/reducing the scale of the vertical axis has a similar effect.
this is a prick... trying to get the graphs to stay in the middle of the screen for VE map display. i pulled out the code back to 0.9109 now in 0.9111b
4."O" key toggle O2 flag doesn't work if raw value is lower than 192
there was another thread on here about this. intended operation. after much investigation on the bench testing the flags.... nissan ECUs do have the facility to turn off O2 flags when > 14.7 AFR contrary to anyone elses postings saying so. I tested this on Z32 VG30 and S13 SR20 on the bench with a CRO and monitoring injection timings
5."injection latency" edit window has gone a bit mad. instead of "value" it says "us" and the decimal value is like 1520 (where it should be 74) the hex value is unaffected.
this is 'us' like in microseconds. tested on bench is accurate to adjustments showed on the scope
6.when you toggle betwen stream and tuner mode it disconnects from consult
yes because they are completely two different modes of operation and it was difficult to automate switching. i purposely disconnect (perhaps because i am too lazy to do it properly at this stage :? ). CR10361 raised
7.Some of the scales on the consult gauges are not right (eg Alpha) sorry i'll get a screenshot of this.
Alpha, Alpha learn and Exhaust temp were wrong scales. now fixed tonight
9.I get an unnessecary horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of "tables" menu (not a biggie). Also the "tables menu" does a wierd "select all" (all the items flash blue) every time you click an indivual item.
thats because the field width exceeds the display space and the grid control automatically does this. i have to allow it enough width for some address files which have long descriptions.
10.on the configuration screen "enable multiple windows" unticks itself every time the configuration screen loads.
cut n paste error in my code. now fixed up
thats probably enough lol
thanks got through most of those quickly apart from the multi window one.
alexj

Post by alexj »

wow quick work Matt :) think that just about covers it!

so, re the O2 toggle not sure the outcome of what your saying?

right now if i go to a cell on the fuel map with flag on with value say 190 and hit "O" the value doesn't change, so i'm guessing the underlying value hasn't changed and the flags still on?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Havent had much time to work on anything over the last two weeks so only just starting to tackle software issues again

Yes that is correct if the O2 flag is on for an AFR >= 14.7 then it cant be turned off. so 192 - 255 i think are the ones that cant be changed
LMQT

Post by LMQT »

Matt wrote:
this is 'us' like in microseconds. tested on bench is accurate to adjustments showed on the scope
Is it possible to have choice of that please ? (In exemple with a tick box to swap from dec value towards 'us' )
It's not easy at all to tune when on the road with the 'us' :cry:
I'll prefer dec value who means something in direct relation with latency of the injectors indicated on technical datasheets :wink:
GZ@hybridka

Post by GZ@hybridka »

uS (microseconds) is the most accurate way to display injector opening time, and it would provide the most compatibility to information provided in any injector datasheet.

The only time it would not be, would be if the injector data you have was written specifically for the nissan hex/dec value which in its self is an arbitrary value (unless you know conversion to uS or mS).

1000uS = 1mS
750uS = .75mS
etc....
LMQT

Post by LMQT »

GZ@hybridka wrote:1000uS = 1mS
750uS = .75mS
etc....
I've learned that when I was ten years old :lol:

GZ@hybridka wrote:The only time it would not be, would be if the injector data you have was written specifically for the nissan hex/dec value which in its self is an arbitrary value
I think I'm starting to understand :P

Can someone explain me what means, or more exactly wich one is true, between :
1 - the latency on this sheet => http://paulr33.skylinesaustralia.com/do ... top-en.htm
2 - the latency found on Nissan programm (like seen in ROMEditor, Nistune, etc) ?
LMQT

Post by LMQT »

LMQT wrote:Can someone explain me what means, or more exactly wich one is true, between :
1 - the latency on this sheet => http://paulr33.skylinesaustralia.com/do ... top-en.htm
2 - the latency found on Nissan programm (like seen in ROMEditor, Nistune, etc) ?
Please ? :cry:
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

If you take the NIStune printed value (one from my scope reading)

GTR 444CC 0.77ms x 2 = NIStune reading 1.540ms
S13 CA18 370CC 0.62ms x 2 ~= NIStune reading 1.100ms

but
HCR32 260CC 0.89ms /= NIStune reading 1.520ms

I dont know what the exact relationship is here or where those numbers came from but the page itself was autotranslated from some japanese page
LMQT

Post by LMQT »

thanks ;)
200SX RS13 Zenki (w. CA18DET)
280hp & 330Nm @ 16PSI (GT25R)
Nistune type 1 rev3a
vn_luke

Post by vn_luke »

I found the following quite helpful - yet another latency lookup table.

http://injector-rehab.com/kbse/lag.htm
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

excellent find!