Nistune 1.3.33 not saving or over writing file

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

bachig24u

Nistune 1.3.33 not saving or over writing file

Post by bachig24u »

Hi Matt,
today spent 5hrs or so on dyno with R32 GTR 06I FP ecu in R33GTR.
must have hit "save" over 20 times. settings like speed limiters, maps, scales all changed, synchronised and burnt to NT board.
also unable to find "injector latency" , appears missing from injection control list.
configuration, misc settings tab, expert mode, max windows 4. I can open as many windows as I wish.
get home to review logs and open nistune to find a standard rom file. no saved file with hours of testing and changes.

is it possible that having slot 1 and 2 loaded with same bin caused this? depending on how the questions were answered at point of closing nistune.

Any help appreciated

KR
Simon
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Nistune 1.3.33 not saving or over writing file

Post by Matt »

If this is FP2.1 (05U6I) then there is a Injector Latency Table
https://www.nistune.com/docs/Nistune%20 ... 20Pack.pdf

If you have the same file name in Slot1 and Slot2, and then make changes to slot1, these are seperate to changes to slot2

However if you hit the save button for Slot2, you will overwrite the Slot1 file (since it is the same file name!)

File > Save Main image as will always save whatever slot in the Main slot

So if you have Slot 2 selected as Main image, then File > Save Main image, it will overwrite changes you made in slot 1. Perhaps rename the file (Save As) rather than load two identical file names and then change them? I cannot repeat the issue there
Attachments
2021-08-10 19_09_42-Nistune [BNR32 (RB26DETT) Feature Pack 2.0 (Version_ 3)].png
(56.55 KiB) Downloaded 479 times
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

I just tested it again and still don't know how a base rom image ended up writing over my "current" tune file..

all good, I just won't have anything in slot 2 to prevent any confusion in future..
KR
Sime
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

In practise, it shouldn't.

If Main was opened as File1.bin, and was initially Slot1. Then you move Slot2 (Base ROM file maps) to Main (File1.bin) and save it, then it would overwrite File1.bin with the base ROM files