1.3.24 MAF VQ Table Selection

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

TurboTapin

1.3.24 MAF VQ Table Selection

Post by TurboTapin »

Just noticed what I believe is a bug. When I select either the R35 4" tube max load maf or the r35 3.5" tube max load, it always states I selected the 3" tube max load maf after committing the changes. Car will not start or even try to catch. Car starts/runs fine with original RB20 maf and RB20 maf VQ selected. I'm running an NZEFI trio (Hitachi R35 Maf and wiring adapter) in a 4" pipe.

I did not get a chance to try an earlier version due to time constraints, I just updated my nistune version to 1.3.24 prior to connecting solely to replace my maf. This was on the "HCR32_RB20DET_11U0F_MT_MEC-212B_FP_maps.bin" file.

Thanks
Matt
Site Admin

Re: 1.3.24 MAF VQ Table Selection

Post by Matt »

R35 MAF has a limited range compared to say the HPX N1 sensor. We use the same VQ map for max load which is why the detection is the same between 3, 3.5 and 4" sizes (only the K constant changes)

This is why it shows up 3" even if you select 3.5". We use the VQ map to work out the current size used.

Once you have done the resize you will need to adjust TIM to get fueling to 14.7:1 at cruise, and K constant to get the load cursor operating within the existing load scales on the fuel and timing maps

We tend to avoid 4" since due to the turbulent airflow (especially without straighteners) it can be quite difficult to tune with. I only sell the 3.5" bung and straighteners now because of that issue. When we did the original dyno testing to calibrate the sensors, I had 4" tube with straightener and filter, but it went back into a 3" turbo so didn't see the issue