V1.3.4 Wideband Configuration Issues

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

pcproa

V1.3.4 Wideband Configuration Issues

Post by pcproa »

Hello,

I need to preface this all with saying, 1.3.4 is a great update to the Nistune software. I really like the changes that have been made, and the tune issue notifications are great.

With that said, I have run into a few issues particularly around ‘Wideband’ and Wideband Configuration.

The hardware I will be referencing here is a DLP-IO8-g, a DLP-IO8-g clone/update of sorts (more on this shortly) and an Innovate LC-1.

Regarding the DLP-IO8-g clone/update, it is a small device that reads Data on the serial stream from 2 separate Innovate LC1 devices and converts it to ‘0-5V’ as what the standard DLP-IO8-g does. It communicates with the computer over USB with the exact same serial port commands as the OEM DLP, so when you plug it into the computer it is still recognized as a DLP-IO8-g.

The first issue is possibly a bit of how I understand how the CSV’s work. Now the difference between the OEM DLP and the Clone DLP is that the OEM DLP only uses a 10bit ADC. However, the Clone DLP is using a 12Bit ADC. With the OEM DLP, it can measure up to 1024 points in 4.88mV increments. The Clone DLP can measure 4096 points in 1.22mV. And here’s where I’m a bit confused, in the CSV file the various data points are supposedly in mV, but the stock csv files for Aux/AFR/etc in the DLP A/D folder are all in bits, going up to 1023. Meaning that it is not measuring per mV. It is measuring per 4.88mV. And there is where what seems to be a bug shows itself for me. Since I can measure up to 4096, I input 4095 has the high number but for some reason it still acts on the 0-1023 scale. Shouldn’t either or both be 0-5000mV since is it not concerned with the ADC resolution at this point? What’s more confusing is that when you go higher in the Aux CSV’s, then data points are actually measured in mV and it seems to work as intended. The more important part here is that there seems to be no change to the result if I put the higher limit from 1023 up to 4095 or even 5000. It still responds the exact same way on the 0-1023 range.

The next issue is that while trying to sort everything out with the previous issue, I had changed the settings in the configuration section multiple times. I had changed the CSV’s in the DLP A/D folder multiple times, but I found that effective changes would happen at strange times. Sometimes (rarely) it would change if I just stopped and started the Wideband by pressing the button in the title bar. Sometimes I’d have to physically close the wideband screen and press the button again. And sometimes I’d have to restart the program to effect change (This was the most common thing I had to do). It was arbitrary to the point where I just kept restarting the program each time I made changes to the Wideband Configuration page or the CSV files.

Now as I mentioned above, I have two Innovate LC-1 units putting a serial stream of their data into my DLP Clone. The DLP Clone takes that data and converts it to a 0-5V (0-4095) output over USB that the Nistune program will understand. The respective channels for this are channel 1 and channel 2. I can’t get both the Left and Right AFR’s to show up on the left side of the Wideband screen in the big boxes. The Channel 1 always shows up on the left side in the upper big box, and the Channel 2 AFR always shows up in one of the smaller 6 Aux boxes.

The final issue is actually not regarding any of the DLP-IO8-g units. My issue is that with the update to 1.3.4, for some reason it now says in the drop down, Innovate (Not Available). Then when you select it anyway it gives you a popup that says Innovate MTS DLL not detected. Nothing has changed with my installation of LogWorks since my last Nistune usage. Previously I used to hook up my Innovate LC1 directly to Nistune and I may still occasionally use that feature in the future. I also tried reinstalling logworks and it is doing the same thing. It will still show the same error message.
Innovate Not Available.png
(18.3 KiB) Downloaded 936 times
Innovate MTS DLL not detected.png
(7.01 KiB) Downloaded 936 times
Oh, and also, it seems like Nistune is only reading 7 of the 8 DLP-IO8-g channels. I verified on a Serial port stream and it is only requesting data from the first 7 channels. The 8th one is disregarded. This remains true for both the OEM DLP and the Clone DLP.
As a side another note, the Wideband configuration screen took me a while to understand. Drop down for two widebands, then 6 options for Aux channels that can be loaded with CSV files. Then radio buttons to select between wideband units but the radio button would keep going back to default every time you switched Aux channels. And the only way to view the CSV for the first channel or AFR channel is to go into the folder and manually adjust the CSV. Is there any way to simplify this as I'm still not sure I entirely understand it. Maybe make the two wideband options completely separate so you don't need a radio button to select between the sides? Maybe make them on separate pages, or split the page left and right for each wideband side so you know for sure you are only working on the one for the side you are selecting. Sorry, I'm just shooting some thoughts around here.

Thanks,

Patrick
Matt
Site Admin

Re: V1.3.4 Wideband Configuration Issues

Post by Matt »

Okay I've found a few issues scanning your post...

1. You have a DLP/DLP clone, so select DLP for first Device, and none for second. Not innvoate

If you had an actual innovate connected, then you would select that (and also have the DLL installed via logworks)...

2. Since you have a DLP then you will use 0-5000mV. not the 0-1023 range that LogWorks uses

I checked the DLP folders and all AFR files are 0-5000
AFR
Innovate folder of course have files with 0-1023

Of course with this latest release, you shouldn't need to edit CSV files, since it is in the grid on that page, once you select the correct wideband (which is WB1: DLP, and WB2: none) in your case. Then assign Aux1: AFR and put the AFRs configured for your second innovate (0-5000mV => Actual AFR) in that list