Map view leaves viewport on resize.

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

Torque

Map view leaves viewport on resize.

Post by Torque »

1.2.93 / W10

When zooming into a map (resize via CTRL-cursor) the map inconveniently leaves the window and is not fully viewable.
It seem the offset to its parent window is wrong ...

I remember this as a bug from many releases ago
Is there a way to move the map graph further down?
upupnaway1.JPG
(153.73 KiB) Downloaded 1913 times
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Map view leaves viewport on resize.

Post by Matt »

The problem with the vertical offset started when adding display abilities for different map sizes (eg. 4x4 and 8x8) to the 3D display. I'm still aware of the issue but am having troubles when some maps (ie VE map in R34) are all 128-255 whilst other maps are only 0-64. It means that there is no consistent way to keep it in the middle. I've still got it on my TODO list to fix for all display and size types

You can use the CTRL UP/DOWN to move the map lower in the interim, but I would like to have each map properly automatically centred and sized once I can sort the calculations out to display everything properly.
Torque

Post by Torque »

Hi Matt,

Yes, but CTRL UP/DOWN flattens the map again ... :)

Can't you incorporate a key combination to directly decrease / adjust the offset manually ?
(as a hot fix option)

NTFlatOut.JPG
(60.03 KiB) Downloaded 1886 times
NTFlatOut2.JPG
(31.71 KiB) Downloaded 1886 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Now that I've got all the other updates out of the way, I am looking at this next. The 4x4 and 8x8 displays currently display incorrect and left centred (previously the whole grid was hard coded to 16x16) so will all be fixed at the same time in the next week or so
Torque

Post by Torque »

OK ... thanks!
:D
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Took a bit more than a few weeks. Unfortunately support work seems to eat all my development time. Now its getting close to Christmas and things are ramping down, I'm actually getting some dev done!

I've fixed this up tonight after many hours of research and investgating. Regardless of map type and range of values (eg some maps are 120-140 and others are -5 to 60 for example), it will correctly centre and scale. Will be in next software release