PROCEDURE FOR RAISING SOFTWARE ISSUES

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

PROCEDURE FOR RAISING SOFTWARE ISSUES

Post by Matt »

To assist you with faster resolution for problem reporting I have included some guidelines

1. Problem is related to your login, registration key issues then email me enquiries@nistune.com for fast response

2. Problem is preventing you from using the software and you need it running soon then email me enquiries@nistune.com with problem details and I can have a look at it usually within that day. Only urgent issues should be phoned through

3. For other problems post here....

For reporting any problems include the following
(a) With a problem description
(b) Exact error message (if any)
(c) Vehicle type (and what Address file you used)
(d) Equipment used (emulator, wideband unit, Type1-4 etc)
(e) Steps required to reproduce the problem (if possible)
(f) Debug logs
* Enable File > Configuration > Debug Logging
* Logs are stored in My Documents\<username>\Nistune\logs (or where your consult log location is specified in File > Configuration)
* Log files are datestamped and end with .log
* Log files get very big very quickly
* Only do what is required to show the problem. ie. If it is a wideband problem then dont enable consult
* Turn off debug logging when you have finished!

Problems are categorised into Low, Medium and High. Similarly with enhancements. They are usually worked on in this order. However some low/medium priority items may be simple to fix and could be fixed sooner due to the lesser effort required

All problems are updated in a buglist.xls file which is posted in the NIStune release directory. This is updated every release.
Matt
Site Admin

Re: PROCEDURE FOR RAISING SOFTWARE ISSUES

Post by Matt »

Some crash debugging is difficult to reproduce this end. I've added debugging symbols into test releases but need people to run Dr Watson as their default debugger to capture windows crash logs

Instructions are attached. Dr Watson needs to be configured before log files are generated. I've enabled this on my PCs during normal development and test to see what I can obtain from them
Attachments
CrashDebuggingSteps.pdf
(42.92 KiB) Downloaded 299 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

All software issues are now going to be tracked through Mantis:
http://www.nistune.com/mantis
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I've enabled guest access anonymously for viewing issues. These are not all the issues at the moment (the rest are in my spreadsheet and need to be imported)