Logging issues

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

Topdog781

Logging issues

Post by Topdog781 »

This is a issue I've actually always had since the start. I've always had problems with the program staying connected during logging. I honestly thought it was the cable at first, I was using the standard one from nissan data scan , so I bought a premium cable from AVP.... and the problem continued. Thought it was a grounding issue regrounded everything still have the problem. I'm using a Dell latitude with windows xp, little outdated I know. Could the laptop be the cause of my issues? How can I improve my experience here ? While I'm here might as well bring up another issue the "consult view" tends to be a bit laggy and choppy is that normal or is there a way to smooth that out for faster performance ?
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Logging issues

Post by Matt »

I'm going to work on a software fix for 'stream mode' to reduce the amount of graphic updates (this is slowing things down) which can cause issues with slower computers

During logging, change 'stream mode' to 'tuner mode' to reduce the load

Is it only logging or is at anytime that it is dropping out?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

What is the speed of the Dell you have there? Looking at this now to work out how to improve performance
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I'm running my 8 year old dell Inspiron (yes not as slow as the Latitude) 1.83GHZ and does stream mode, Innovate wideband and DLP (high speed) logging fine

However the netbook I had previously could not keep up with just the stream mode and pauses on logging. I ended up getting rid of that... so cannot really repeat it here. Will try and slow this machine down somehow
Topdog781

Post by Topdog781 »

Matt wrote:What is the speed of the Dell you have there? Looking at this now to work out how to improve performance
Dell Latitude C610

System:
Microsoft windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

Computer:
Intel (R) Pentium (R) 3
Mobile CPU 1200
797 MHZ 1.00GB of Ram.

I only pretty much use this laptop for Nistune Matt, once in a while I will take it on a trip with me to browse the internet. Let me know what settings need to be altered to take full advantage and priority to Nistune to make it run the most efficient.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yes it is a bit on the slow side (Pentium 3). Trying to borrow a netbook to try changes on but would recommend finding a faster laptop if possible
Topdog781

Post by Topdog781 »

Matt wrote:Yes it is a bit on the slow side (Pentium 3). Trying to borrow a netbook to try changes on but would recommend finding a faster laptop if possible
Curious if I did this would I have to repurchase the software license ?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

No - there is no hardware locking on the licence
Topdog781

Post by Topdog781 »

Ok Matt I have upgraded to a newer laptop a few months ago. This one is a Acer with 1.60 GHZ processor and 2GB of Ram. Program does seem to stay connected much better and run alot smoother, huge improvement. However, I am still having issues logging with the AEM wideband. Sometimes I start up the nistune program the afr's do not display (no reading is shown). I have to shut down the program and restart it 3-4 times before I can get a solid reading. Another time the program will start up show the afr but it's a frozen reading on screen (but the boost colum is lit and says 23psi, I'm all motor btw) , so I have to close out the program and restart it 3-4 times before it reads correctly. What do you think is causing this issue ? I'm running a little bit smaller gauge wire than aem is using as a extention to the rs232 connector can this be the root cause of that issue ?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

What I probably need is to round the issue down a bit. Can you let me know

(a) Are there any problems with only the AEM connected with the wideband window displayed?
(b) Does it start freezing up when you open the logger (in record mode?)
(c) Does it start freezing up when you also include the consult data?
(d) Does it start freezing up on playback of the logs only with AEM data?

Once I know which conditions do/dont cause the problem then I can look into it. If there is a problem with log playback then please post the log here and I can look at it and see what I can do

I have an older 32 bit XP Dell laptop still for testing which I can use for replay or logging