Tomei Rytec & Nistune

Discuss hardware enhancements, suggestions, and wishes here.

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

Re: Tomei Rytec & Nistune

Post by Matt »

Thanks for the pics. If its like the BNR32 Rytec which I saw consult functionality is completely disabled so I'll have to pull the program from the EPROM chips

It isnt real time tunable - they just put their program in the chips using an EPROM programmer

What I'm really curious about is the 6 pin module on the LHS of the daughterboard. I'm not sure what component it is but is used as part of the MAP sensing circuit

Also I saw that same box on the BNR32 which does whatever conditioning the MAP sensor has. I suspect its something to convert the MAP signal to a AFM compatible voltage - however on the board I had was an EXO marked chip which generates clock pulses (they are used on the consult cables). This was used in conjunction with the MAP signal and passed via the standard AFM circuit into the ECU

Exhaust Gas Temp seems to be the most used input for ECU hackers so that makes sense
oneten

Post by oneten »

Hmmm interesting, you say the BNR32 one had consult disabled? If you read the Tomei user manual it depicts the "tuning cable" (looks an awful lot like your average consult cable) and connecting to the ECU to tune via the consult port. According to the manual, there is definitely tuning available via Consult, but im not sure if its real time or just with ECU powered but engine off. Check out page 15 of the manual onward, on page 22 they talk about the "Real Time Monitor". Ill see what I can do about locating the software.

With the MAP sensor (correct if I am wrong), both the AFM and MAP sensors output a 0-5v analog signal yes? I dont see why this would need to be hardware "conditioned", wouldn't it just need a modified VQ lookup table (or whatever) to work out TP from IAT & MAP? Just software modifications?

Finally, would you mind sharing the ROM dump off the board once you have downloaded it? I would be keen to have a look, Im really trying to shift my focus back onto electronics after so much mechanical, and if Im ever able to understand the BIN files like some of you can Id like to have this one on hand.

Cheers,
Hayden
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I'll have a look through it later when I have time (software updates again..) but did not connect with consult so might be their own custom SCI thing

There is no tuning on the BNR32 as just an EPROM chip, same with this board

There is no VQ... its all been completely rewritten. Shoot me an email. Cant post it since its copyrighted code
oneten

Post by oneten »

Hey Matt,

Any news/updates with this? Been a few months now and the demand for a MAP sensed solution is still high... Its the only reason I see club members choosing Power FC Djetro over NIStune!

Cheers,
Hayden
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Still on my bench with this one. The ROM image is completely different, like they rewrote the code. Its going to take some time getting through it
TurboZcaR

Post by TurboZcaR »

I know this is an old thread but has anything come up from this?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Not at this time. I would need to go through their code. They have basically done it from scratch so would involve a bit of work
oneten

Post by oneten »

Hey Matt,

I know im probably dreaming but any progress with this?

I had a chat with Andrew at Hyperdrive yesterday after he said to me he really felt MAP sensing is the last piece of the puzzle for NIStune. Then I noticed he had a couple of REYTEC's laying around.
Matt wrote:Thanks for the pics. If its like the BNR32 Rytec which I saw consult functionality is completely disabled so I'll have to pull the program from the EPROM chips

It isnt real time tunable - they just put their program in the chips using an EPROM programmer
In regards to this, I can confirm that the REYTEC is real time tunable, Andrew has tuned a fair few of them, MAP sensed versions also and all were tuned in real time. I guess there is more to the mystery? He said he would be happy to provide info if possible.

Cheers
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Not yet unfortunately. I've been working on the disassembler to rewrite the code but had other things come up in the meantime. Got the software and Rytech ECU for looking at but not too much done on it yet
STATUS

Post by STATUS »

Would be pretty much the jewel in the crown for you guys. Played with a HKS version and I'm looking at a maf to map translator unit atm from the usa but internal Nistune map sensed would be the ultimate solution. Flex and map sense. .. Perfect World.

No more pesky reversion issues on the big setups and no need to swap to another brand of ecu.
STATUS

Post by STATUS »

Not enough credit goes to you guys either. Hope you realise we all appreciate the work you do there. I am envious of your code crackling abilities. English is my first and only language. .. computer code is nothing I've ever looked at as I reckon it would Baffle the hell out of me.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Thanks Trent!

I have a few more ECUs left to add Feature Pack 1 to and then that work is wrapped up. The feature pack so far has taken me from about March until now to get the existing range of vehicles with my current available time

MAP sensing is on the cars for 2015 starting with along with boost by ethanol content for the R34 GTT ECU since that is the easiest to implement and has the I/O to support it out of the box.

Next would be S14-S15 ECUs which similarly have the memory and available I/O

However I will also be looking into later models with FLASH tuning due to many requests
skylinegtrhr

Post by skylinegtrhr »

Matt wrote:
However I will also be looking into later models with FLASH tuning due to many requests
please make this priority , z33 both de and hr don't have real tool for mapping, cobb was good but it is no longer avaible, and you can't prevent ignition retarding on uprev . We sold our demo z33hr because of this...
STATUS

Post by STATUS »

skylinegtrhr wrote:
Matt wrote:
please make this priority , z33 both de and hr don't have real tool for mapping, cobb was good but it is no longer avaible, and you can't prevent ignition retarding on uprev . We sold our demo z33hr because of this...
not happy with uprev? we use it weekly to good effect. happy to use nistune too if you guys release it
skylinegtrhr

Post by skylinegtrhr »

STATUS wrote: not happy with uprev? we use it weekly to good effect. happy to use nistune too if you guys release it.
no on Z33 HR and specially on FX50s you can't get ign map right so we can't go in turbo conversion on those cars :(
(we tried Z33HR 3 years ago, don't know if something is fixed now but FX50s is still not fixed)

Seem that Nissan have some very complicated ign "strategy" on that ECU generation
see this discussion http://home.exetel.com.au/nds/phpBB3/vi ... =qr25#p799
BTW do you use ECutek on Z34? And with what result ...