JAW : Just Another Wideband

Anything related to the 14Point7 brand of wideband devices (JAW, SLC)

Moderator: Matt

pcproa

JAW : Just Another Wideband

Post by pcproa »

Hello,

Just wondering, can Nistune Support, "Just Another Wideband"?

Here's the link

http://www.14point7.com/JAW/JAW.htm
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

It potentially can... I didnt like the part about requiring the massive .NET framework but I should be able to just read the serial port directly like for any other wideband unit. Just need to have a look at their sample code to figure out the protocol
Serial communications for programming the analog outputs, firmware upgrades, and real-time datalogging requires a PC with Windows 98/XP/Vista, Microsoft .Net Framework, and available serial port or serial-to-usb converter.
I'll add it to the enhancement list and have a look at their source. Usually takes about 5-6 hours to add another unit and emulator for it
Mads B (dk)

Post by Mads B (dk) »

any news on this ?
1991 Nissan S13 CA18DET EURO Spec.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I havent added it yet. I'm still in the middle of fixing some crash issues with ECU sync and log playback at the moment
pcproa

Post by pcproa »

Hope this helps, but I've set up VOut1 on my JAW to have outputs like an LC1. I have that feeding into my DLP-IO-8 and Nistune reading the JAW through the DLP as an LC1
jonathanrmerritt

Post by jonathanrmerritt »

Any progress on this??? This would definately open the door wide open for a cheap wideband unit for us.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

See what I can do next week. Bug fixes take priority over adding new enhancements especailly when I have people waiting for them

I've still got some testing to do as well with the Z32 AFM ... all takes time!
Julius Performance

Post by Julius Performance »

If you need any testing done on this one we have one in the shop to play with. Just a word of caution to anyone thinking of getting one, you will need to think carefully about your mounting options as the heatsink gets very hot on the JAW, so your enclosure needs to be designed with appropriate heat sinking.

Other than that, there not bad for the minimal outlay. The hardest part is tracking down a cheap source for the LSU4.2 sensor. I haven't tested it against any other widebands yet for accuracy - I'll get to it one day :roll:
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I've started writing a simulator for this. Its mostly done but I've hit a bit of a problem with the serial read code in my simulator ... so stalled for now but will continue once I get some more time

Once the JAW simulator works with the JAW software then I can put the code into nistune for display
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Okay this is finally done :D

Sorry its taken so long. Its just difficult finding the time these days to get new code in. I've fully tested it using a JAW simulator with their software and the Nistune software

There is the AFR output, RPM output (fixed at same value JAW uses - dont think they use cylinder conversion though...)

Also Aux1, Aux2 is in volts - use the lookup tables to map this to something useful like boost sensors etc

Temp is straight through bytes which goes into a lookup table in case you want to map it to something else (0-255 currently)

Finishing up VEMS wideband next since it is similar...