AEM failsafe gauge question

Anything related to the AEM brand of wideband devices.

Moderator: Matt

kcolocar

AEM failsafe gauge question

Post by kcolocar »

Hello,
I was wondering if Nistune supports the Failsafe boost/afr gauge. I see it as a dropdown on the Configuration menu, but when I was looking through the Nistune Wideband excel files, I didn’t see a table that matched pg 17 on http://aemelectronics.com/files/instruc ... 0Gauge.pdf. Also, if it does support the gauge, would I need a separate serial cable to log boost? I would be using the 5v output than trying to mess with it's built-in USB connection.
Matt
Site Admin

Re: AEM failsafe gauge question

Post by Matt »

I've added support for it. See this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3078

Its not an official support but using a workaround. There is no lookup table for this unit (since it receives the AFR text directly from the separate application)

Yes separate cable needed for boost. I recommend using the DLP A/D converter and put AFR and boost into the one cable
kcolocar

Post by kcolocar »

I'm not the best with computers, but I read that article and thought the program was for the usb that's already built in the wideband- not the 5v output wire I'm going to connect to the DLP A/D converter that I bought. Am I mistaken? So I can't use the 5v output and simply connect it like the other uego without using another application?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

If using the DLP then put the rename the lookup tables from the UEGO.csv into the DLP folder to AFR1.csv and you can use this

Make sure DLP is selected as wideband, and the DLP folder is used