DLP A/D converter connection problem

Anything related to the DLP Devices IO-8 A/D converter

Moderator: Matt

dynotuner

DLP A/D converter connection problem

Post by dynotuner »

So, I have a brand new spiffy Innovate LM-2. Read the article regarding LM-2
connecting to NIStune. Whew, what a hassle. Any news on connecting LM-2 to NIStune?

Anyways, I have a DLP A/D conv. ,so I hooked the analog out from LM-2 to DLP A/D. Getting a nice 0-5v signal to it from LM-2.

I configure AFR1.csv from the LM-2 analog output 1 data:

AFR

Open NIStune ,connect wideband....and get 9.00 in AFR box. Always 9.00. It never changes regardless of what LM-2 reports AFR to be.
Tried AFR on AUX1 and AUX2..they don't register in WBand box.

Used DLP Designs demo program to read the voltage on com port, AFR1,AFR2,AUX1 were reading same voltage as LM-2 analog output.

I'm stumped. please help.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

The latest version (0.9267) i've moved the Innovate DLLs to install into the nistune directory rather than window system directories to avoid the problems experienced in previous version

You need a serial connection cable (instead of USB) for the LM-2 in the meantime and then install logworks and then latest nistune and then it should work using their versions of the DLLs

In regards to the DLP A/D converter, I havent changed anything for a while I can check it out tomorrow. If you can send me a debug log that will help also
dynotuner

Soon

Post by dynotuner »

Getting serial cable and adapting it soon. Will let know the results.
dynotuner

late reply

Post by dynotuner »

Just a quick finisher to thread. The LM-2 serial output to NIStune works fine. Had to purchase Innovate's cable and splice it to a serial cable end. works.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Excellent. I've posted on Innovates forum requesting the SDK updates for the LM-2.... but nothing yet from them :?