DLP IO8 Signal smoothing?

Anything related to the DLP Devices IO-8 A/D converter

Moderator: Matt

Seank

DLP IO8 Signal smoothing?

Post by Seank »

Running a DLP IO8 and have 3 channels for logging: Boost Pressure, Fuel Pressure and AFR. The boost and Fuel pressures are tied into existing sensors (HKS EVC III and Greddy gauge) which use a 0-5v (or less) signal. For the basis of my question, I'm looking at the two pressure readings.

When I datalog, the sensor inputs jump around a lot (albeit in a small range). If you computed a trend line, the readings would be fine, however if you look at an instantaneous snapshot, the delta pressure between the two could be +/- 7psi (from 43psi) I'm not sure if the voltage variations are due to the laptop's battery, a ground issue, or are to be expected. I do have a 5v led hooked up to the DLP board to show when I'm giving it power.

My question is this: is there a way, either with programming of the DLP, nistune or some hardware combination (diode/capacitor?) to smooth out the signals? or is this how it is and I should get used to reading the jumpy values?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

you could try a capacitor for the filtering. it is not something easily done within the software (possible but not easy)