Consult disconnects only when alternator is charging..

Discuss hardware problems here.

Moderator: Matt

WootIHaveARB25S13

Consult disconnects only when alternator is charging..

Post by WootIHaveARB25S13 »

Hi, First of all i would like to say I love the nistune software so far! I know this has to be a problem with my alternator but i was curious if anyone has had this problem before. I have a Series 1 rb25 swapped into my s13 running z32 8 bit ecu. My problem seems to be when the car is running and charging the consult is not reading the ecu. But when key on, engine off it stays connected. It also reads fine when i start the car and its idling. But it disconnects when i rev the engine and the alternator starts charging. I disconected the alternator wiring so it wouldnt charge and put a battery charger on it and the nistune works perfectly. I cleaned the grounds to the back of the alternator and installed the wires back on and still have the same problem. At this point i think its causing sound interfeirence of some sort.. Im going to upgrade to a Nissan quest alternator since its 120a and see what happens from here and keep you posted. Thanks for any help - Ryan
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

also check capacitors on the ignition system. so you have checked grounds to the engine itself and the chasis framing also are nice and clean?

the disconnecting occours due to noise going through your consult lines into the USB part of the cable and then messes up the USB signals causing problems

engine transplants seem to have the worst case of electrical noise. usually something not grounded or not grounded properly
brett_32i

Post by brett_32i »

if you read the topic just under this one, i had a similar issue that seems to have been fixed by changing the alternator.
havent checked all scenarios, but so far so good.
WootIHaveARB25S13

Post by WootIHaveARB25S13 »

Matt wrote:also check capacitors on the ignition system. so you have checked grounds to the engine itself and the chasis framing also are nice and clean?
OK i will check out the grounds and add more if nessisary. Also how do i check the capasitors on the ignition system?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

just make sure the terminals are not corroded and clean. apart from changing another capaitor
guricha

Re: Consult disconnects only when alternator is charging..

Post by guricha »

I just find this topic:) any issue or solving this kinda problem ? i Got this problem on Rb25det today with Z32 ECU, when the engine is in running mode it want consult and in ignition mode it consults perfectly :(
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

As above check grounding etc. Electrical noise getting through your consult cable causes the majority of issues
guricha

Post by guricha »

Matt wrote:As above check grounding etc. Electrical noise getting through your consult cable causes the majority of issues
Ok Matt i will try to do more grounding on the car, consult cable i bought from you, i dont think its issue of cable coz on ignition on it works fine