Type 3 consult does not connect

Discuss hardware problems here.

Moderator: Matt

stockted240

Type 3 consult does not connect

Post by stockted240 »

i'm problaby just missing something little, but for reason i can't connect. The car is a s13 240 with a sr20det; the computer is 50F10 auto ECU. When I ran USBView the product ID was C7D9. My log is attached below. Thanks alot
Attachments
nistune-1004-0757.log
(12.86 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
stockted240

Grounding?

Post by stockted240 »

Also, how much does proper grounding affect this. I hate to admitt it but my ECU is just hanging there :shock: (not bolted to the chassis), will this create the problem? The car runs fine like this, I just haven't taken the time to put the interior back together yet. :(
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

that wont cause a problem with the ECU hanging there

okay it found a COM3 port on your computer, which did not respond

It also found plugged in:
0: PLMS USB Consult Interface

However COM3 is the default for internal modems plugged into your laptop, I suspect that it is trying to connect to the COM port of your modem, and that the actual COM port for the PLMS device is not working

If you go into Device Manager and under COM ports, do you see a COM ports for the PLMS device? If in doubt, unplug the PLMS device and it should disappear and then reappear when you plug it back in

I suspect (maybe) that the COM port is not created for the PLMS and needs reinstalling.

If COM3 is the port for the PLMS device, then do the lights flash on the PLMS unit when you hit 'connect' inside Nistune

See the 'installation and diagnostics' manual for diagnosing connection issues on our documents page and let me know what you find.
stockted240

bingo!

Post by stockted240 »

Ok, I got to the root of the problem: when I did the wireing for my car I followed instruction from a purchased DVD. They said that I only need six wires from the brown connecter behind the glove box, and to cut the rest. WELL, it turns out that the green, green/white, and green/black are all for the diagnostic port (also a red and green i believe). Thanks again, I hope this helps someone with the same problem.[/img]
Attachments
SDC10001.JPG
(39.42 KiB) Downloaded 3633 times