Consult connection problem

Discuss hardware problems here.

Moderator: Matt

s1k

Consult connection problem

Post by s1k »

I am trying to connect with my consult cable but keep getting the "Consult not connected!". I have a type3 board and a usb consult cable (nissan s14 sr20det early).

I am using a Virtual Windows XP box under Windows 7, this might be part of the problem but after reading the diagnostics pdf im leaning towards another problem. When i try to connect to connect i can see the green RX led flash a few times before the connection fails. Can there still be a driver problem? Im gonna see if I can find a xp-native laptop tomorrow...

Also when i read the diagnostics pdf i noticed this section:
Make sure the ECU is not running in limp home mode and revert to factory
ROM installation if necessary to try and get the vehicle running first, and in the case of Type 2 - 4
boards a working consult connection prior to using the daughter board
What does that "in case of type 2-4 boards a working consult connection prior to using the daughter board" mean? Should i have connected to the ecu before i soldered the daughterboard on and changed the selection jumper? Too late for that now...

Regards,
Christian Danielsson
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Thats what is means ... go back to a factory setup to check your consult connectivity

What you can do is remove the board (for Type 4 also insulate the adaptor board connector) and then put the factory jumper back to stock

Then see if you can connect to your ECU with consult without the board installed
s1k

Post by s1k »

I have now managed to get contact with the consult interface. I did not remove the daughterboard but i did finish the wiring loom which wasnt yet complete. After connecting everything that was hanging loose and bolting the ecu-box to get proper grounding I could connect with the virtual xp machine.

Gonna try later with native windows 7 im sure it will work.