S15 injectors in a red top SR

If you know what B.S. stands for you know what goes here.

Moderator: Matt

Candellan

S15 injectors in a red top SR

Post by Candellan »

I have a red top SR20 & I'm installing S15 injectors. The S13 plug locators are offset to the S15 injectors so it's not a direct swap. I'd like to retain the current loom intack & just de-pin the S13 plugs to put the S15 plugs on.

I'm trying to extract the pins from the SR injector plugs & I'm having dramas with the clips no realeasing the pins. The S15 pins came out nice & easy with 1 locking tab per pin, but the red top has 1 clip for both pins. Has anyone succesfully extracted these before?

Cheers.
PL

Post by PL »

Hmmm. Something wrong there. S15 injectors should plug directly in. I've got them in my own car and I've helped fit many sets to other S13 SR's.

Got any pics?

PL
Candellan

Post by Candellan »

The injectors go into the rail fine, but the (electric) solenoid plug has 2 locator tags on either side that are offset (so you can't plug it in the wrong way), that are different from S13 to S15. I'll get a pic tonight.
PL

Post by PL »

I'll send a photo I just took of the two injectors next to each other.

I hope this works...

PL
Attachments
S15 vs S13 inj.JPG
(29.92 KiB) Downloaded 5482 times
Candellan

Post by Candellan »

Strange, mine are different. The first photos are of the S15 injector (Denso Part# 195500-2240) & the plug:

These are of the S13 Injector & plug:

The last photo is of the locking tab I'm having trouble with. I can pry it up with a small flat blade, but the pins are still locked solid.

Having done a little research via this part number it seems these may be Sard 550cc injectors but were sold to me as S15 item straight off the car.
PL

Post by PL »

Yeah, they're not S15 injectors. All the Nissan side-feed injectors are made by JECS.

To get those pins out you need to remove that orange bit completely. You're almost there. Just lift up the tab like you've done, then push the orange bit out from the other side.

Then there'll be a tab to lift up for each pin.

PL
Candellan

Post by Candellan »

Thanks PL. I knew it couldn't be all that hard to do. Next time you're in BrisVegas the beers are on me.