aftermarket gauges??

If you know what B.S. stands for you know what goes here.

Moderator: Matt

polemite

aftermarket gauges??

Post by polemite »

on the topic of aftermarket gauges, i've got a few questions.

first off, is there one preferred brand of wideband, for compatibility with nistune?

i've currently got an aem wideband/boost combo gauge, but i've only been using it for boost up to this point. i'm hesitating to hook up the wideband, because the display is totally haywire. sometimes it displays white numbers on a black background, sometimes the opposite. sometimes it just lights up random pixles, like static, on the screen. it's got me questioning the quality, and whether or not i should use it, attempt to warranty it, or switch to another brand?

secondly, i'm thinking about adding a fuel pressure gauge to the mix. so i'd have boost, o2, and fuel. are there any others that i should consider? i'm thinking these 3 are the essentials for a street car, but if there's anything else, i'd like to know.

third- why the hell are gauges so expensive? i can buy a laptop for less than the cost of some of these gauges. are there any reliable brands that don't break the bank?
Matt
Site Admin

Re: aftermarket gauges??

Post by Matt »

Laptops are mass manufacturered with a lot of competition, wideband units (and general automotive equipment) are more custom so expensive

I find Zeitronix offer good AD inputs for use with Nistune in a small package, but its all about the feature that you want vs price point
polemite

Re: aftermarket gauges??

Post by polemite »

i'll check them out. thanks

it's also a matter of asthetics for me. i like a clean interior, and it would be nice to have gauges that don't look too out of place.