WTB: "TMS15-NA" TechTom daugherboard (S15 N/A)

Area to put stuff up for sale/purchase. Private activities only. Traders assume responsibility for all transactions
CoZZm0

Re: WTB: "TMS15-NA" TechTom daugherboard (S15 N/A)

Post by CoZZm0 »

Yup I’ve been trying for years to find one. I’ll keep on .... cheers.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Why not use an P10/S13/B13 SR20DE ECU instead? We have twin VVL outputs (EGR and AC) now available in firmware for those
CoZZm0

Post by CoZZm0 »

I have a P11 Factory Primera wagon with CVT which needs to communicate from the ECU with the CVT TCM to run. Going manual eventually but my other issue is no knock maps and I cannot get any confirmation from anyone whether the TechTom board sorts that out. My plans are wider scope than just myself.

Cheers.

(EDIT: i also own multiple Nistune Type3 boards and recommend/supply/setup for anyone that asks but playing with this other stuff and acquiring/collecting is something i enjoy doing).
CoZZm0

Post by CoZZm0 »

Matt wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:41 am That picture one is very interesting, and gives a hint how it may work. It is using two 16 bit ROM chips, maybe one for each of the 40 pin connectors. It could explain maybe there is one CPLD for each ROM (but the CPLDs on your ECU are different amount of pins, so different type of CPLD)

There is epoxy over all the drivers and caps in that image, but no idea why

Looking at the silkscreen on the rear, appears the board could be an official JECS board. Wonder if there is also CPLDs on the other side. Yeah pity you couldn't get hold of that one
I finally got one of these unicorn boards....

I can confirm it is an official JECS part/board and it contains an OKI CPLD and a pair of 256K SRAM (like the TOMEI REYTEC setup??)...... a single 40pin DIP 1024 16bit EPROM seems to contain the base image and i assume some kind of modified code for the interfacing to the SRAM?, the second DIP socket is not populated and doesn't appear to be for a ROM.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yeah trying to reverse engineer that would be fun. I don't even have a pinout for the 40 / 4 pin header. Could be traced back to the processor to start with, and the DIP / SRAM will give you the address/data/CE/OE lines which probably to into the CPLDs

The Type 5 boards did some complex memory mapping and address/data latching. I'm not sure if these would do something similar
CoZZm0

Post by CoZZm0 »

For interest here are a couple of pics of the board. The trace layout is so beautiful around the DIP40 sockets.
Attachments
48AAA4C6-1E82-4515-BA89-E5004378E01E.jpeg
(2.21 MiB) Downloaded 2713 times
D9A9F86B-1E09-4235-9ED6-4A30EE3FDEE8.jpeg
(2.21 MiB) Downloaded 2713 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

A proper Nismo ECU. That is a whole other logic board there just to allow remapping with this