is there a setting to invert dual wideband gauge display in nistune??

Anything related to the Innovate brand of wideband devices.

Moderator: Matt

xlr8

is there a setting to invert dual wideband gauge display in nistune??

Post by xlr8 »

I cant find anywhere to flip the gauge positions (top to bottom) in nistune to match what the actual gauge looks like in the car. It cant seem to be done on the car gauge itself since each display is dedicated to its input, and the cables were all labeled for dedicated connections. everything works fine, its just annoying when im trying to diagnose the banks burning mismatched mixtures when it is opposite on my screen versus the gauge. just curious, like i said it still works but it makes sense that it should match, so maybe I'm missing something obvious here.
Matt
Site Admin

Re: is there a setting to invert dual wideband gauge display in nistune??

Post by Matt »

There is no setting to invert the gauges. Normally it will read min - max (8 AFR - 20 AFR) for example. So your gauge reads the other way? 20 - 8 AFR for example? Could be a software enhancement I could add in future
xlr8

Post by xlr8 »

sorry for the confusion. the readings all function correctly, the displays are just opposite from the virtual on my laptop to the physical in the car. see pic and thanks :)
Attachments
20200817_110211.jpg
(1005.6 KiB) Downloaded 1371 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Ah okay, you will need to invert the chaining in the Innovate LogWorks software. So WB1/WB2 are the other way in the chain

If you cannot do that, then try swapping the connector order WB1 > WB2 > serial
xlr8

Post by xlr8 »

ive tried those options when i first installed it, but i went ahead and rechecked everything in case i missed something.
the output from the gauge has a keyed connector it cant be reversed, i suppose i could switch wires around but i would rather not chance damaging the tiny terminals.
20200820_095637_compress78.jpg
(441.02 KiB) Downloaded 1337 times
also, the way the system is set up, the inputs are dedicated/ seperate circuits. the gauge head unit is one wb translator with its dedicated dispay (dlg-1), and the other translator is a seperate component just using the second display (lc-2) so inputs to the gauge itself cant be switched.
also in logworks i cant find any way to chain them seperately. (maybe im missing something?) there doesnt seem to be an option.
20200820_093617_compress25.jpg
(245.12 KiB) Downloaded 1337 times

open to any further suggestions thank you for taking time for this matt.
20200820_093639_compress73.jpg
(175.75 KiB) Downloaded 1337 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Ah okay so the LC-2 goes into the gauge, and then the gauge has its own wideband input too?

So is the DLG1 gauge showing its own (WB1) firstly on the gauge itself, and then the LC-2 (WB2) secondly?

So does it go something like Terminated > LC-2 > DLG-1 -> Serial cable?

How does it display in the logworks software? DLG1 (WB1) and then LC-2 (WB2)?

You can right click on the desktop and add two gauges instead?