Different readouts on gauge and on Nistune

Anything related to the Innovate brand of wideband devices.

Moderator: Matt

Adrian

Different readouts on gauge and on Nistune

Post by Adrian »

I mapped a GTS-T 33 with a Z32 ECU and a Innovate LC1 with Db gauge, yesterday. I've found that there was a always a difference between the gauge and the readouts in nistune. The AFR's on the laptop were about 0,2- 0,3 less.
I used the last nistune update (0.10.19) for the first time. I wondered that i only can choise the Innovate MTS wideband. I thought in the last version that i used (0.10.13) were both listed, the MTX-L and the LC1. Maybe the have different conversion tables?
Did someone have the same issues?
Last edited by Adrian on Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Different readouts on gauge and on Nistune

Post by Matt »

You will only have one Innovate device showing in the drop list.

If you chain together two Innovate devices (I test the LC-1 and LM-2) then the outputs you have configured on both devices should then appear in Nistune
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Sorry I writed it a bit cloudy. I have only one LC1 wideband with the DB Gauge, no chain. I realized now, that MTS stands for Modular Tuning System and the LC1 is a part of it. That means that the conversions tables are the same for the MTX-L gauge and LC1, aren't they? In this case I have to search the cause of the problem on the wiring or on the gauge self.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

With Innovate if you see something odd with Nistune then start up LogWorks3 and check against that. It should be showing the same as your gauge I would think
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Thanks, sorry with nistune is all right! :) I checked the values in logworks and there is also the same difference between the gauge and the readouts on the laptop. I checked the settings for the analog outputs from the lc1 one. But all is set to factory. I had alot of problems with the two last lc1. Suddently the gauges showed corrupt afr's and i had to calibrate them new. And on one car the failure 8 came from time and time again. I sure that the sensor is not to hot. I've solved the problem with a firmware update to 1.20.
I think theoreticly the innovates is the accuratest wideband, but they are very very delicate.

What have you done for expirience with Innovate ?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I have had a LC-1 permanently installed on my R31 since developing Nistune. So far there have been a few times requiring free air calibration, including my last tuning session

They appear to be quite responsive and accurate, and one of my tests with two sensors (one tail pipe and other dump pipe) was a good test for chaining both units together with Nistune