LC1 lookup table

Anything related to the Innovate brand of wideband devices.

Moderator: Matt

maglito

LC1 lookup table

Post by maglito »

The AFR2.CSV lookup table looks like this:

0, 8
1023, 32

This doesn't seem right to me.

My LC-1 reads 32 all of the time in Nistune, yet reads 20.8 in logworks (sensor is in free air)

I am unable to change the lookup table...it says it is read only??? How do I fix this?

Thanks
Matt
Site Admin

Re: LC1 lookup table

Post by Matt »

If you are using Vista/Win7 move lookup tables to another folder (eg My Documents\Nistune\Wideband) and then adjust the lookup location inside Nistune File-Configuration

It may be stopping you editing it in the program files folder

Also Innovate outputs a number 0-1023 which we then convert to 0..5 volts. In this case 8 .. 32 AFR. You could change to 20.8 if you wanted here but 32 is the default
maglito

Post by maglito »

OK, I moved the lookup table and was able to edit it to the following:

0, 7.35
1023, 22.39

Now logworks displays 20.6, yet Nistune displays 206? It's off a decimal place...what is wrong? I don't get it....

Thanks
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

After I finish the recode will have another look at it (Wideband class updates in software were finished last night and doing remainder consult updates this weekend)

Sounds like its not translating integer to decimal. Shouldn't need to be changing these lookup tables for innovate regardless anyway.
maglito

Post by maglito »

per the manual for my LC-1, 0 volts = 7.35 AFR, and 5 volts = 22.39

I know there are others running the LC-1...curious to know what their lookup tables look like?
CoZZm0

Post by CoZZm0 »

I haven't changed my lookup tables, but i find it a little annoying in the log that the AFR goes up to 32.00 when the gauge doesn't read past 22 (well mine never has gone psat 21.9), but i guess that also confirms that its off throttle/full lean, and not just the car running into an overly lean spot?
maglito

Post by maglito »

Matt,

Any updates? I'm kinda stuck here...

Thanks
maglito

Post by maglito »

What would cause the LC-1 to continuously read 32 in Nistune but read fine in logworks?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

yeah its just a full lean when showing 32 instead of 21-22

still updating the code over this weekend. The good news its compiling again so im gradually getting there. Hopefully back to functional by tonight and then can look into this after
maglito

Post by maglito »

Hey Matt,

Any updates?

Thanks
maglito

Post by maglito »

Discovered a new clue:

While the gauge displayed in logworks is correct, when I press record, logworks records the same value that nistune sees, which is 22.39
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

So there is a discrepancy between logworks display and recording?

Spent the last 5 days putting new wideband code and testing. The upper gauge limit is hard coded at the moment but modified that to use the lookup tables. Testing out on the hardware tomorrow
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Tested again tonight with new updates. Seems to be working fine (put the max at 22 for better resolution in the vertical scale for logging). That will be out with the next update

After much debugging and testing today its looking very promising I should have a test version up about Tuesday next week. Crash problems seem to be fixed, but still need to retest Type 1 and other wideband units (so far DLP and Innovate have been my main test items). Knock counting reimplemented again tonight and tested on HCR32 ECU and that works nicely. Still to check logging of knock counting as well as playback
maglito

Post by maglito »

Any updates? Tuesday has come and gone, but I don't see any new downloads available?

Thanks!
CoZZm0

Post by CoZZm0 »

"Tuesday next week" i would have assumed he meant Tuesday 24th.

"This Tuesday" would have meant Tuesday 17th.