Aux configuration files

Questions that get asked a lot.

Moderator: Matt

ByReaL

Aux configuration files

Post by ByReaL »

will be better to have a small guide about how configuration files should be writen/modified

i was unable to proper setup my aux4 file for the EGT

TEWBLOG config file is attached

i could not translate it in something recognized by NIStune and that will show a value verry close to the one that i view in TEWBLOG,

aux 4-6 can be selected to be normal ADC inputs or EGT inputs, and when they are selected to be EGT values , then the reported value is csometing that represents mV and not V, or i do not know exactly....anyway i did not succeded to make NIStune show the proper EGT value
Attachments
ktypethermo.txt
(2.6 KiB) Downloaded 285 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

there is a readme.txt file in the wideband directory. user documetation has recently also been updated for wideband entries

- the values reported by the wideband unit are reported as millivolts and need to be referred to as only integer numbers.

- the file you have attached needs to be converted from decimal to integer and have only a single header line

- i suggest putting into excel and then converting that way to make things easier

from the TecheEdge page
Thermocouple 1,2,3
Bytes 16 through 21 are the three thermocouple inputs T1, T2 & T3. The raw thermocouple voltage is amplified by a factor of 101 before sampling by the ADC at 10 bits of resolution, giving a value from 0 to 1023 (1024=5.00 Volts). For a K-type thermocouple, a sampled count of 512 corresponds to a thermocouple voltage of (512/1024)*5.00/101 = 24.75 mV and, after consulting tables, this is an uncompensated thermocouple temp of about 596 °C. A count of 1023 gives 49.46 mV or a temp of about 1217 °C
NIStune reads these inputs, taking the voltage vlaue 0 - 1023, which you should map to temperature using the CSV file

From the readme file:
NIStune Wideband lookup tables

Here you can specify lookup tables for your wideband unit, if your wideband unit has user auxillary outputs

Files are named:

aux1.csv (Wideband 1 Auxillary input 1)
aux2.csv (Wideband 1 Auxillary input 2)
aux3.csv (Wideband 1 Auxillary input 3)
aux4.csv (Wideband 1 Auxillary input 4)
aux5.csv (Wideband 1 Auxillary input 5)
aux6.csv (Wideband 1 Auxillary input 6)
afr1.csv (Wideband 1 AFR)
afr2.csv (Wideband 2 AFR)

File format

Example:

Aux1

(a) The files have a heading which will be displayed in NIStune and used for log recording/playback
(b) First column is the voltage input value in millivolts from your unit
(c) Second column is the voltage output value displayed in NIStune. The above example displays voltage in volts

You can change the second column values to indicate temperature, boost etc. More table entries will give more accurate interpolation

Provided are example AFR lookup tables for TechEdge and PLX devices (which should be configured to use Aux4 for AFR)
Let me know how that goes