How does Nistune know which wideband is LHS or RHS ?

Questions that get asked a lot.

Moderator: Matt

RomChip200

How does Nistune know which wideband is LHS or RHS ?

Post by RomChip200 »

Matt,

I have 2 Innovate LC1s in my Z32.
In log files you identify them with AFR and AFR RHS.
It means you are supposed to know which LC1 is in which exhaust downpipe ... right ?

Btw, I just noticed it matches my car but the trouble is that Z32 has a cross-pattern design that needs a bit of brainstorming each time you read log file by hand:
_LC1 in downpipe driver side (logged as AFR) corresponds to passenger side plenum/bank (cylinders 2 4 6 but injectors 1 3 5) i.e. Inj time (RHS), Lambda RHS and AF Alpha Learn (RHS)
_LC1 in downpipe passenger side (logged as AFR RHS) corresponds to driver side plenum/bank (cylinders 1 3 5 but injectors 2 4 6) i.e Inj time (LHS), Lambda LHS and AF Alpha Learn (LHS)

Crazy, no ?

Matt, you should add a note in the manual regarding the naming AFR and AFR RHS ...
Seank

Re: How does Nistune know which wideband is LHS or RHS ?

Post by Seank »

I would assume it's just labeling. The operator will specify which sensor is labeled LH or RH based on their preference. Yes, the Z32 cross flow intake does throw a wrench into the labeling convention. However, I've always labeled things by where they physically are. LHS is the sensor physically on the left side exhaust (Even though it's being fed from the RHS throttle body.) If used on a non-cross flow intake V6/V8 RHS/LHS labeling would not be ambiguous.

TL;DR: "It means you (the operator) are supposed to know which LC1 is in which exhaust downpipe ... right ? Imo, Yes.