maxima ecu's

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

Bernardd

Post by Bernardd »

Pic sent to your via email
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

thanks got it. yep the Z32 is almost the same as Maxima hardware except one of the JECS chip is different and different componentry for injectors etc

i should have something hopefully completely working tonight. the Z32 address file seems to work fine in viewing maps/tables (only one fuel and timing map though)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

i haven't forgotten about this. give it another shot tomorrow. i've got the image constructed for maxima (needed to modify my patcher software a bit for this one) and my only rev1 board left (the rev2 track layouts are too difficult to modify to split A14 away)

just need to test it out now...
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

still looking at this one also.... not forgotten
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

looking into this again

there is some kind of compatibility problem with the Z32/Maxima ECUs the romulator will work fine, but using the NIStune board it doesn't work

this particular ECU pulses both the /OE and /CE lines, whilst others keep the /OE tied low.

i think this could be screwing things up. i could perhaps try tying the EPROM /OE line low permanently on the test board? next time i get a free chunk of time
GZ@hybridka

Post by GZ@hybridka »

The 90-91 maxima's in the US have consult.

We have one sitting in the pen with a bent subframe and hole in the gas tank, 14 pin consult connector is hanging right there but I havent had a chance to inspect ecu and/or dump the code.

Would there be interest? I would have already pulled the ecu and MAF but the car is going back together eventually.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

i guess there is some.

i've now done a M30 consult enabled maxima and J30 non-consult maxima with NIStune boards for testing