nistune and ostrich emulator?

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

CGTuning

nistune and ostrich emulator?

Post by CGTuning »

trying to get this working but keep getting "Communications error in Emulator (SetCommState)". i noticed that the Emulator button does turn red but it doesn't work.

the configuration menu is set for "Romulator/Ostrich" and port is auto. if use Emutility it connects to the ostrich fine, just can't get nistune to see it.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Moates Ostrich should work... I have three of them here and use them on a regular basis.... but they are the latest version 2.0 ones and the only ones I've had to test with (original development was done on a late 1.0 unit which I borrowed before buying them)

It will attempt to connect to the Ostrich as normal BAUD rate (115200bps) and if this fails then at high BAUD rate (921600)

The SetCommState is used to set Parity/Stop Bits/BAUD rate

If this fails there was a problem with setting one of the BAUD rates with the emulator

What is the firmware version of the emulator?

Most importantly - can you send me/post a debug log when you attempt connection? Instructions for enabling debug logging are in the 'bugs' sticky thread

It will give me more information about the problem and I can identify the issue and work on a solution/workaround for it
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

bump. request for log file to fix this problem
AndyStuttgart

Post by AndyStuttgart »

Ostrich 1.0 ver. 10.40 connected to USB.
Tried to connect 3 times, then closed Nistune - logfile attached.

Try to get it fixed quick plz!
The R34 GTT I initially organized you a ECU for, bought the software etc. is to be sold in about 20 days, and it´s still not running!
And without realtime emulation it´s not that easy to have the tuning issues solved...
Attachments
nistune-0302-1537.log
Ostrich 1.0 (v.10.40) log
(29.93 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
GZ@hybridka

Post by GZ@hybridka »

I tried the latest Nistune version 0.924 with an ostrich 1.0 ver. 10.10.0 with the same result.

Debug log is attached.
Attachments
nistune-0302-1622.log
(20.03 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
GZ@hybridka

Post by GZ@hybridka »

Also I guess I should note that this ostrich 1.0 has worked with some previous Nistune versions, not sure where the break in communication happened though.
AndyStuttgart

Post by AndyStuttgart »

GZ@hybridka wrote:Also I guess I should note that this ostrich 1.0 has worked with some previous Nistune versions, not sure where the break in communication happened though.
That´s right, I used it without any problems before, I guess when Hardware Maptracing for the 2.0 units was implemented the 1.0 connection problems began...around December.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Thanks for the log. I'll have a look into it tonight. Obviously broke something but only have version 2 units here to test on

Andy I'll give you a refund on the board since you're selling your car, fortunately you were able to tune with the moates units (well... until now so I'll sort that one out)

We finally have worked out what the causes of the problems are with Type 4 and does require new boards to be made up for your particular ECU
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Okay its not the maptracing, but a request for the serial number of the unit

Moates 1.0 must not support that command so I will remove it. New version will be uploaded tonight
AndyStuttgart

Post by AndyStuttgart »

OK sounds good, I´ll try that emulator fix as soon as I´ve got the R34 with me again (it´s my girlfriends car)...
Regarding the refund - I´ll get an S15 soon, so just send me a board for this one :)
How long will you need the ECU though? Because I´d like to have it as a spare later (some friends have GTTs), but don´t need it right now.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

No probs. S15 work okay with this Type 4 board. We've had one running for about a month now as a daily driver. ER34 has higher clock speed so gets affected more easily

I can send your ECU back now if you wish, just let me know. I've got that other one from ebay now thanks to your great find (those dont come up very often) so am using that to test with at the moment as well as several others
AndyStuttgart

Post by AndyStuttgart »

Just send out the bits if you´ve still got my address please :)
And include the S15 board inside the ECU so they don´t charge me for duty taxes 8)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Okay its uploaded now. Hopefully all works well for you. I dont have a 1.0 unit here to test it on but I've disabled the version ID check for any of the older firmware versions
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Please also see the other thread about the ER34 enrichment maps that you queried
AndyStuttgart

Post by AndyStuttgart »

Connecting + up/download does now work, couldn´t try the realtime capabilities yet.
But status line still drops an error message - log attached (Starting Nistune, connecting emulator + downloading).

BTW I can´t load any other adress files and connect the emulator then, tells me something about my license?! Had no such issues with the past versions!
Attachments
nistune-0303-1641.zip
(185.79 KiB) Downloaded 118 times