CAS Fault message, but engine running normal

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

Shaker

CAS Fault message, but engine running normal

Post by Shaker »

Hello!

I lately got a CAS Fault warning in the DTC window telling me to clear DTCs and check the shielded wiring of the CAS. But I cannot notice any negative change on the running engine. Everything is as usual. I unplugged the CAS and plugged it back in, checked the cable visually - nothing special, message remains and keeps being set again directly after clearing, when nistune is connected, whether the engine is running or not.

What's causing this message?
Matt
Site Admin

Re: CAS Fault message, but engine running normal

Post by Matt »

Are you clearing from the DTC window, or the bottom corner status window. Try the Consult View DTC window.

CAS fault will be detailed in your service manual what causes it and how to diagnose. Noise entering the signal or missing pulses may cause this
Shaker

Post by Shaker »

Kinda rediculous, replying so late :mrgreen: , but I don't want to leave this uncommented... so thank you for replying so quickly. I haven't checked the forum since then and I've had the error once again, but that was it. So I will investigate, if it occurrs again. I understand that this is a ECU topic and nistune only reacts on the DTC being set by the ECU.

Btw: When I cleared the DTC, it was via the "Clear" button in the "ECU status" window. I'll try using the "Clear DTCs" button in the consult window, thanks!
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Thanks for the update. I've since updated the status window to clear the DTCs too to avoid the confusion!