Is it possible to use stock boost sensor for logging?

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

mike2016

Is it possible to use stock boost sensor for logging?

Post by mike2016 »

On BNR32, Is it possible to use the stock MAP/Boost sensor for Nistune logging? or off a MAP sensor from a boost controller?

I'm just trying to minimize the wiring and keep a clean factory look, I hate having a bunch of gauges.

I don't need to look at the boost gauge constantly, once it's set and tuned I don't need to look at it again.

I searched for boost gauge with 5v output so i can connect it to the Innovate LM2 and output as AUX output to Nistune, the only solution it seems like it's the Innovate's own boost gauge with MTX link.

then I still need to get a boost controller.

with boost gauge, boost controller and factory boost sensor, now you have 3 boost sensors in the engine bay, not ideal
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Is it possible to use stock boost sensor for logging?

Post by Matt »

BNR32 ECU does not have a boost controller input. Where does the factory pressure sensor go to?

I use a motorola MPX boost sensor plumbed in behind the dash to my dash boost gauge hose (using T-piece) and then direct to DLP A/D converter
mike2016

Post by mike2016 »

I was referring to the stock boost gauge sensor on the BNR32, does it have a usable output?
Or is it possible to read the signal from the boost sensor of an aftermarket boost controller? such as HKS , Turbosmart...etc

I decided to get the innovate's SSI-4 Plus with their own boost sensor, similar solution to DLP A/D converter, it outputs to LM-2 then the PC
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Unsure, and unlikely with the factory boost sensor in the dash (based on my R34 one). Not sure on aftermarket, without looking at the technical specifications of each to see if it has a 0-5 volt output, which could be fed into a DLP or wideband controller