S15 with Z33 MAF

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

lost180

S15 with Z33 MAF

Post by lost180 »

First time attempting this, so I'm hoping someone can verify my methodology is correct here.

Simple Goal: Run a Z33 350Z MAF on an S15 SR20DET.

Based on what I can glean from previous threads, I can't simply use the "Change MAF" function and run with it.

Here's what I plan on doing:
Log a few runs with the stock MAF and check what cells are hit via tracing in the fuel and timing maps.
Swap out the stock MAF for a Z33 one (in the stock housing).
In Nistune:
Use Change MAF function to Z33 350Z
Open the VQ Translation, select 350Z MAF, load. Change tube diameter to 2.8 inches, check box for Adjust TP, then adjust the load scaling to something like 67%, and apply.
Log a few runs to see if I'm still hitting the same cells as the stock MAF.

I came up with the 67% for roughly 300hp, since the MAF is rated for 444hp in Nistune. Might need to bring that down even more depending on what the car is doing. Basically I have a stock SR with normal bolt-ons (turbo back exhaust, front mount intercooler, upgraded induction pipe, splitfire coilpacks) running at about 13 lbs.

I'm hoping this will be stable for now until I can get it dyno tuned, or at least have a wideband installed. Then it should be set up for the future when I get around to upgrading the turbo and cams. Does this look correct? Is there other tables that need to be changed for a simple MAF swap that I missed?
Matt
Site Admin

Re: S15 with Z33 MAF

Post by Matt »

Use Change MAF function to Z33 350Z
You could start with this and then run afterwards and see how that goes (compare mixtures before/after) since 0.2" is only a small difference

- If mixtures only need richening/leaning globally then adjust TIM
- If the load doesn't reach the same as the factory runs then adjust K, and afterwards adjust TIM to fix mixtures

Otherwise use the MAF transfer, and set the tube size to 2.8" and then repeat above