Nistune Results

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

Fusion Ed

Nistune Results

Post by Fusion Ed »

Well had my first car with a map near completion dyno'ed today.

Its a RNN14 Pulsar GTi-R with Fusion 3071 turbo, 800cc injectors, Q45 MAF, Front mount intercooler, forged engine, 2.5 inch exhaust etc.

Results:
418bhp@ 7250 rpm 1.5bar boost
380lb/ft @ 5250
328bhp @ wheels
310ish lb @ wheels

Tested on a dyno dynamics rolling road using SHOOT_44 dyno mode.

Could have got more, but clutch is near its limit.

Looking good I'm quite pleased :)

Ed

Bernardd

Post by Bernardd »

nice job ed, any chance you have maf voltages datalogged? i'm curious what the q45 maf reads at these levels.

bernard
Fusion Ed

Post by Fusion Ed »

The Q45 maxed out. It was reading 5 volts.

PL

Post by PL »

So it's true what they say about Q45 AFM's then - they may be larger dia but they top out earlier than a Z32.

Hey, Ed, have you got a HP vs psi of boost curve?

PL
Fusion Ed

Post by Fusion Ed »

Yes it seems your right in fact I have tuned other cars recently with Z32 which have NOT maxed out at around this kind of power (on power FC)

I do have a boost vs hp I shall upload it later.

Ed
ByReaL

Post by ByReaL »

200SX RS13 CA18DET
GT2871R @1 bar
720cc injectors
Z32 MAF

first trial 286HP
* Got CA18DET Love
Fusion Ed

Post by Fusion Ed »

Nice!! :)
Fusion Ed

Post by Fusion Ed »

Boost Vs power:

PL

Post by PL »

She takes awhile to wind up hey. But I guess that's not a big deal in a GTiR with their low final drive. Must be pretty awesome on the road!

I've mainly played with the 2871's on S13 SR20's. So I'm quite interested to see how the 3071's go. The 2871's are usually "all in" by 3500 to 4000 but obviously don't deliver the top end. Most of the cars are making around 200rwkw on 16psi without cams or 220 with.

Here's one I prepared earlier... :

http://www.plmsdevelopments.com/custome ... s/gf13.jpg

PL
Fusion Ed

Post by Fusion Ed »

Agree seems a bit late to wind up. Some seem much faster. I had a 3071 on another pulsar and datalogged it making 1.7 bar at 3700 rpm, this seems an exception, as none have done it since so I am assuming it has a smaller turbine housing. Also the compression on this car above is lower with a 2mm gasket.

You dont notice it on the road though as being laggy, when you put your foot down it goes and seriously shifts! I drove it again last night, and its one of the few cars that when driving under full throttle can actually be quite scary. I may try for a map conversion on the stock ecu with airtemp compensation and dump the AFM, as it just cannot do any more.
PL

Post by PL »

Yeah, I've noticed the same with the 2871's. Some engines come on boost earlier than others with almost identical setups. That one I posted the link to is the best response I've seen. It's a great car to drive. They have all been on full boost between 3500 and 4000 but some are closer to 3500 and others closer to 4000. It makes a big difference on the road.

About the only pattern that seems to be developing is that 1) You really gotta watch exhaust backpressure - it can be the difference between a car that feels like it really wants to go and a total slug and 2) Cars with decent tubular exhaust manifolds DO seem to come on boost a tad earlier. I've always been sceptical of the tubular aftermarket manifolds but I may need to change my tune on that one!

Have you done any MAP conversions before? I get asked about them all the time and I always lean towards using the trusty Z32 AMF. I saw a MAP sensor on an OEM Nissan (SR20) ECU once but I've never played with them myself. I suspect you'd wanna allow a fair bit of time for tuning.

I guess once you had a VQ map worked out for one then theoretically the rest *should* pretty much fall into place. Maybe...

PL
Fusion Ed

Post by Fusion Ed »

I still may try the map sensor idea. I just need to work out a few things first, mainly the airtemp correction factors, and possibly if needed atmospheric pressure compensation.
GZ@hybridka

Post by GZ@hybridka »

Maybe this will give you some ideas for MAP sensor conversion.

http://eccs.hybridka.com/viewtopic.php?t=358
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

My two weeks of the "family is going away" is starting today so I'll have a look into adding those maps into NIStune finally (along with all the other stuff on 'the list')
GZ@hybridka

Post by GZ@hybridka »

No rush Matt, I am still trying to get a reliable 5v ADC reference out to the harness for the map sensor. Up until now I have just been accepting the drift error, but it needs to be referenced properly for practical use. I havent yet compared readings over different temperatures and battery voltages.

I should hack apart a maf sensor and take a look at its reference circuit. Seems to be reliable without being tied to the ADC.