Nistune Release 0.11

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

Nistune Release 0.11

Post by Matt »

Version 0.11
Enhancements:
Move Nistune to Visual Studio 2010
Add right click lock icon size for top bar

Fixed bugs:
Techedge 2.0 wideband slow and eratic in 0.10.12. Verified 0.11 okay
Selecting AFR in logger doesn’t update when playing etc
Boost not updating all the time for zeitronix when clicking in log
Update Techedge AFR tables to more suitable limits using upto 22:1 AFR
When wideband connected show status update
Consult on disconnect shows 'consult timeout error' doesn’t reconnect
Wideband F5 disconnect, attempts connect on Wideband2. Affects log record mode /naming
Wideband descriptions not matching selection on log playback (MTS)
Innovate MTS only chain when second unit = NONE
AFR adjustment tuner VQ map updates too coarse. Use % based adjustments on 3 cells
Wideband and consult. Stop both and log goes into playback without save
AFRGraphDisplay lockup when disconnecting consult with wideband connected
Wideband timeout on connect issue stop to logger to close out file on unsuccessful connect
Adjusting register selection in Logger Extend makes consult log jump forward
Boost showing up twice or unavailable in zeitronix. Should be user1 and user2
VS2010 Open image file does not work
Log graph window moves when browse pressed
VEMS RHS not updating
UEGO shows boost on RHS
PLX Logger does not need AFR lookup table
Stop log window moving around when browse pressed (on focus fix)
Indicate 'used' COM ports to keep device selection in File > Config
Fix crash bug with AFR grapher found in 0.10.23 on display with S13 CA18DET/Zeitronix
Slow down fast playback rate. Remove extra debug traces since freezes on playback
Main points with this release:
- Updated code to be compatible with VS2010 as I am migrating to this build environment. This release is still VC++6.0 for now
- Testing logging, input tracing, AFR graphing and various wideband units.
- Using provided nistune.dmp files to locate source of crash bugs and resolving these. If you notice a crash please email me the nistune.dmp file which is put in

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp (XP)
C:\users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp (Vista/7)

Attached is the current bug list containing known remaining issues as well as user requested enhancements. I'll keep working through the remaining items currently but am aiming to complete Unicode compatibility (translation) as well as PLX iMFD support as immediate items
Attachments
Nistune_buglist_0_11.xls
(24 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
G-E

Re: Nistune Release 0.11

Post by G-E »

still not clear, is innovate wideband support fixed?
Nuyskov

Post by Nuyskov »

G-E wrote:still not clear, is innovate wideband support fixed?
Tried this release with Inoovate LC-1 without any problems...
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Innovate support has no known issues since 0.10.21 at least. I've tested this one with LC-1, LM-2 and daisy chained modes regardless
RomChip200

Post by RomChip200 »

Overall, quite stable version.

Sometimes, Consult gets disconnected when engine is started up (but not LC1s) and you are obliged to exit (kill app in windows) Nistune to get it re-connected.
Torque

Post by Torque »

Hi!
I used this release to take logs with my Innovate MTS-Chain.

I could not believe my eyes when I installed this version:
A release note(s)!!!
:)

The issue with the 3-D-Graph is still there (when you enlarge the scale)
Also the font rescaling is not there, is it?

But logging worked alright except for some disconnects.

Also I would like that NT throws a visual error when something is really wrong and it does not update the bin.
For example NT was insisting that the .bins were out of sync and did not update my real-time changes.
Fair enough, but please throw a big visual or audio error.

It is really frustrating when you change live parameters and find out the hard way that the changes were
not registered with the ECU.

Also please throw a big visual or audio error when NT disconnects for some reason.

Example:

NT disconnected from the ECU while still being connected to MTS.
I was not informed about it (because too tiny a message I guess) and as a consequence my logs contained static (ECU) data except for the MTS part.
:(

In the 'field' big alerts are really important.

So flash the screen red or yellow and make some noise please :)
RomChip200

Post by RomChip200 »

sometimes I feel NT sluggish though.
consult connects in 1 second, then I press F5 and it takes more than 5 seconds to have LC1s connected
you get the feeling NT hangs up, a bit disapointing
djstatic

Post by djstatic »

RomChip200 wrote:sometimes I feel NT sluggish though.
consult connects in 1 second, then I press F5 and it takes more than 5 seconds to have LC1s connected
Everything is immediate with the AEM UGEO. I don't think it's NT's fault.
RomChip200

Post by RomChip200 »

djstatic wrote:
RomChip200 wrote:sometimes I feel NT sluggish though.
Everything is immediate with the AEM UGEO. I don't think it's NT's fault.
It was quicker in previous releaseS.
The underlying problem is NT adopts a new connection strategy for Consult and/or widebands (doesn't-it Matt !? :) ) for each release, so it behaves diffently each time.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Consult gets disconnected when engine is started up (but not LC1s) and you are obliged to exit (kill app in windows) Nistune to get it re-connected.
Yes I have noticed this. The wait for idle routine is still causing some grief and getting stuck in a tight loop. I will make it only loop a certain number of cycles in the meantime and work out why its still not happy afterwards
The issue with the 3-D-Graph is still there (when you enlarge the scale)
Also the font rescaling is not there, is it?
3D graph scaling is same as in 0.10 earlier versions. I copied the original code back for now. Just cant seem to get my head around the math for the resize to get it 'perfect'

Font rescaling is on the list still (attached) and have not have time to look into this yet
There is a disconnect tone when consult drops out. Are you not hearing that? There is also a disconnect message box when consult disconnects. This is not enough?
Torque

Post by Torque »

Matt wrote:
There is a disconnect tone when consult drops out. Are you not hearing that? There is also a disconnect message box when consult disconnects. This is not enough?

Hi!

Hmm .. did not hear that, when the engine is running and you're in the car a 'beep' is easily missed.
Some screen-flash would be good
RomChip200

Post by RomChip200 »

Torque wrote: Some screen-flash would be good
I agree. I have an IPhone speed cameras application and when there's a warning, all the LCD display flashes from red to black to white in sequence, you can't miss it, very useful.
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

Matt, why does nistune warn you when you make offline changes. "selection not uploaded, check connectivity mode" it pops up even when you haven't connected.

i had another bug the other day and could not resovle it. I tried Nis 0.21 or 0.23 on a 1024x600 display mininote the other day to isolate disconect issues.
A full set of display gauges popped up as soon as consult connected. Due to the hopelessly low screen resolution the gauges window was too large for the screen and as it wasn't justified right I had no way i could find to close the gauges.

it would be nice that if a top bar button icon was pressed, most of them except logging and consult, the option would close the window as well as open it.
when logging/wB/consult pressed, i'd like to see a warning "are u sure?" maybe.
another help would be if the icon on the top bar changed colour so it can easily identifed activated.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

"selection not uploaded, check connectivity mode"
Because of an 'enhancement' request by Torque to add this feature for when he was editing offline and did not realise it. After getting this message quite a number of times after adding this 'feature' (and resulting in taking the focus away from the cell being edited) I'm quickly finding this very annoying and am thinking of removed, in replacement having something else instead to make this alert. Suggestions? I do have plans to add a status panel with red, orange warnings but its on the todo list
A full set of display gauges popped up as soon as consult connected. Due to the hopelessly low screen resolution the gauges window was too large for the screen and as it wasn't justified right I had no way i could find to close the gauges.
Try Windows > Cascade which should resize. Currently only map windows close on 'close all' currently but I could make that do everything instead
it would be nice that if a top bar button icon was pressed, most of them except logging and consult, the option would close the window as well as open it.
Currently any window which is open, when clicked or activated will be 'focused' instead. For example F7 for the log player, if already open will focus on the log player. This is good for road tuning. Need to access log player and record, then F7 then 'S' to start recording. Your kind of stuck with the X on the window for now since I dont want to remove focus
Some screen-flash would be good
Which part of screen? Grey background or the top panel? Grey background normally gets overlayed with maps so perhaps top panel is best?
then I press F5 and it takes more than 5 seconds to have LC1s connected
Because the Innovate MTS takes this time away once we make a call to Connect(). MTS calls freeze up NT until they are finished. As mentioned, no other wideband unit does this. There is nothing I can do with regards to the time it takes. Later versions of logworks could be longer perhaps?
It was quicker in previous releases. The underlying problem is NT adopts a new connection strategy for Consult and/or widebands (doesn't-it Matt !? )
Perhaps roll back to an earlier version and compare times. It should be noted you also updated Innovate MTS DLL to 3.08 from 3.07 so that would be taking longer in its device probing mechanism. I'm still running 3.07 at the moment. Connection times seem to be about 2 seconds pause on connect, longer if cannot establish connection. Innovates connection routine freezes up the DLL caller

When I test widebands for the next release I'll measure the LM2+LC1 chaining connect time

Consult disconnect/retry strategies were updated, and logging trigger mechanisms were updated but nothing has changed with MTS connect calls or MTS port scanning (File > Configuration) within the software. I've had to adjust the consult timeout period from triggering specially when Innovate devices are being connected to in order to stop hanging up consult. Its annoying to say the least.
Torque

Post by Torque »

Matt wrote:
"selection not uploaded, check connectivity mode"
Because of an 'enhancement' request by Torque to add this feature for when he was editing offline and did not realise it. After getting this message quite a number of times after adding this 'feature' (and resulting in taking the focus away from the cell being edited) I'm quickly finding this very annoying and am thinking of removed, in replacement having something else instead to make this alert. Suggestions? I do have plans to add a status panel with red, orange warnings but its on the todo list
So now it was my fault ?;)

My idea was good, but I agree it is annoying when you get this message.
Maybe a status panel with big indicator traffic lights would help?