Adjusting SR20DE more smoothly?

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

WalknBullzEye

Adjusting SR20DE more smoothly?

Post by WalknBullzEye »

Is there a way to adjust the SR20DE highport more smoothly, when driving normally? The car drives perfectly under full load. What bothers me is that:

Cold engine:
- Idle is very rich (11:1).
- Sometimes stalls when I come to a stop or when the clutch pedal is pressed.
- Sometimes very lean when accelerating, but not always (15:1 - 16.5:1)

Warm engine:
- Idle fluctuates from 14:1 - 16:1. Perhaps this is due to the CatCams (which are adjusted with adjustable cam gears).
- Hitting the gas pedal always give a shock. Like the injector can't go on/off smoothly (740cc too big?).
- Releasing gas pedal always give a shock. Like the injector can't go on/off smoothly (740cc too big?).
- When the clutch pedal is pressed during shifting or when I come to a stop, the RPM drops very fast to about 800RPM, immediately bounces to 1400RPM and then drops again back to 800RPM. Why does it bounce like that? Sometimes bounces a few times.

Recently I replaced the IACV/ACC valve (new and OEM Nissan) and adjusted the stationary screw, so that it is opened maximum but not fully opened. It does not increase stationary RPM. When I open it more, then the RPM increases. This helped a lot with the "cold engine stalling" problem, but did not solve it completely. I thought: when the "fixed air vent" inside the valve is fully opened, the ECU has to adjust as little as possible.

I also checked for leaks on the intake, by pressurising it. No leaks.

Maybe these are also the features of a SR20DE highport with GT2871R, CatCams, Nismo 740cc injectors, HPX N1 MAF and JE pistons. But I hope some settings can be adjusted for a more smoothly engine.

If you want, you can see the logfile and ROM-file, which are attached below:
Attachments
ROM.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
Logfile.csv
(955.6 KiB) Downloaded 120 times