Z32 & Nismo 555 SR20DET

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

SuIXo

Z32 & Nismo 555 SR20DET

Post by SuIXo »

I havn't seen anything commenting on this anywhere, I was wondering if it makes a difference whether you resize injectors first then maf, or viceversa. Or if there is no problem doing it in any order.

Also. 2 ECUs with the same maf and injectors would have the same TIM number? If some already has a good TP scaling setup and gave me the k number or tim number could I just use the same one?

The adjustment thing when resizing is what still worries me the most. I've been looking at the program and messing with things a bit but never ran the car beyond idling a bit. I got no tuner here and no dyno so it's a bit daunting to learn.
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Z32 & Nismo 555 SR20DET

Post by Matt »

TIM can be used to resize just injectors (firstly) and get the car running still

MAF is a different story, since it resizes K to adjust load (and fueling) but then you need to adjust K/TIM to move the load referencing further depending how much load refrence you use

For example if you have a SR20 with T28 and Z32 MAF, it will not use the full capacity of the MAF. However if you upgrade the turbo etc and measure more power, the load referencing will change so the K/TIM will move the load referencing based on potential max load / MAF max load

So yes the K can be different between two different vehicle setups
SuIXo

Re: Z32 & Nismo 555 SR20DET

Post by SuIXo »

Dam, this is going to be more complicated than i thought haha. I've been reading a bit more on the MAF tech notes.

- So number 1 is to resize injectors. (This does affect TP min/max)

- Then change the VQ map selecting the Z32. Does this affect TP min/max as well?

- Now, if I understand correctly I have to continue adjusting manually the K or TIM (I have the feature pack so I guess I should use TIM) to move the load reference (I assume this means the actual reference on the tables) depending on my target boost?

So, since I'm using a GT2560R, I'll be closer to having 100 TP at the end of the scale than if I had a GT28 which might be closer to 120 TP at the end of the scale. Is that correct? I'm just making up the numbers as example.