Nistune connectivity issues

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Stani1029

Nistune connectivity issues

Post by Stani1029 »

Car is a nissan micra k11, it has a phase 2 almera gti sr20de engine with a gt28rs turbo. It JUST failed its mot on CO at fast idle so i thought now is the best time to fit the nistune ecu i bought previously and maybe lean it slightly. But i have just had many problems. The ecu is actually a primera p10 GT.

I have been told that i should swap ecu pins around to get over the difference. Before pin swap the car would only turn over and over. After the pin swap the car started very briefly but sounded rough and wont stay on like its overfuelling. The swapped pins were 106 into 104, 31 swapped with 22, and then 40 into 30.

My license then exceeded so had to buy a new one, i thought i would simply just upload a primera sr20de map onto the nistune and off i go BUT it will not allow me to upload any map at all? It disconnects me from the consult (cheap version of consult with usb/serial adaptor) it will let me edit the map currently on the ecu and re-upload and burn though!

Ive bought the proper cable from horsham development at £70 but it wont be here for a few weeks. I since come across something where it said my ecu needs grounded. It is currently plugged in but sat on a cardboard box, could this really cause what im experiencing? Or de we almost guarantee its the cable

All help appreciated thanks