No start after maf calibration

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

sr Vegas 240

No start after maf calibration

Post by sr Vegas 240 »

Hi everyone im new to all of this so don't have a lot of knowledge but I followed the setup assistance here is what I got. I select my car load base tune, connect to ecu, select maf, resize injectors, and I get no start. I load base map and starts right up.

built bottom end s14a sr20det stype 4 board
rebuilt oem head with hks 256 cams
350z coil plugs/ ignitor delete
id1050 injectors
walbro 450 pump
radium rail/fpr at 43psi @ dile
garrett gen 2 gtx2867r
s14 sr20de 70mm throttle body

I honestly dont know what im doing trying to learn. Car starts up on base map with this set up and idles at 14 afr why wont is start after I adjust maf and resize injectors?
Matt
Site Admin

Re: No start after maf calibration

Post by Matt »

Usually try one and then the other (injectors, and then MAF)

Okay take note of the K constant from default tune, and after doing injector and MAF resize, set K back to that original value. This will get it started in the meantime and then start reading the tuning guides on our website to work from there
sr Vegas 240

Post by sr Vegas 240 »

Ok I'll give that a try. I tought i would have to adjust the crank enrichment but the car is not running right now so I'll try is as soon as it runs. Thanks
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Okay copy in K and crank enrich maps from the factory tune (File > Import selected maps from file) and then select those two. See if it starts with that to get you going
sr Vegas 240

Post by sr Vegas 240 »

Still no luck starting. I started with stock base map adjusted maf only and car starts, then i did the injectors and now it wont start again. What am i doing wrong. I click the injector size i put in the new injector size 1050 now the tick boxes adjust load scales is unticked, adjust load max limit is ticked, and adjust cranking tables is unticked leave it this way or should these other tick boxes be ticked?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

If it starts with only MAF changed, that is strange, since 480CC to 1050CC injectors should result in half the TIM (total injection multiplier). If it isn't starting then try putting TIM back from around 250 (half way) to 512 and see if that works

Other trying is start again with stock MAF, and then only do the 1050CC injectors resize (so K should be stock, and injectors only adjusted)
sr Vegas 240

Post by sr Vegas 240 »

Hey Matt I finally got the car running with the maf and the injectors resized. My issue right now is any throttle I give it i get no response out the engine. I'll open the throttle wide open and nothing rpms go up slightly and very slow. I do have the 10mm bigger throttle body from a s14 sr20de which did just bolt up and plug in not sure if anything needs to be changed for that?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Not for the throttle body. Sounds like airleak or you have it too lean, or its not enough fuel. Unfortuantely no logs or anything to work from to really give you anything useful to work from. Try taking a log with wideband data included, and then we can work from there

Also please read our tuning guides on the website to give you an idea how to get started
sr Vegas 240

Post by sr Vegas 240 »

Here is a log at idle not sure if this is how i would post it but looks ok to me. It was at around 14.7ish afr. Timing is all over the place 15* to 30* not sure whats going on there. CAS is maxed out and only able to get 15* on the crank pulley i think it might me off a tooth, would explain very low vacuum at idle ~5in. 800rpm idle. Verified no vacuum leaks. Throttle response is still crap i have to touch the throttle very lightly to about 2k rpm and than revs fine.
run 1 idle_2019-08-18_1907_38.csv
(60.43 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
sr Vegas 240

Post by sr Vegas 240 »

So my CAS was way off no wonder ran like crap. Got it sorted out for the most part still bit off need to adjust IACV. But here is another short log if someone can tell me if i'm headed in the right direction. This ECU tuning is all new to me i'm trying to get figured out.
few revs_2019-08-19_2127_57.csv
(114.55 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Seems to be a bit lean going onto boost. Use the AFR tracer to keep an eye on your mixtures
Attachments
2019-08-22 08_20_26-Nistune [S14A2(SR20DET) Feature Pack 1.0 (Version_ 1)].png
(140.83 KiB) Downloaded 1551 times
sr Vegas 240

Post by sr Vegas 240 »

On my innovate mtx-l i display e85 ratios but in nistune still displays gasoline afr's. Any way to change it to display e85 afr's or even lambda?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Nistune displays lambda under L02 channel
sr Vegas 240

Post by sr Vegas 240 »

Hey Matt can you look at this log i have some weird issue im not sure whats causing it. You can see in the log afr go max lean or max rich for a split second. When it goes max rich i start to hear ticking noise from the engine injector maybe. Its not a knock its only after engine is fully warm and like the log it does it for split second. Im not sure what to look for injectors? wiring harness? something with the tune?
nistune log_2019-09-02_1837_48.csv
(53.68 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yeah I see the spikes, but there is no correlation to injection time, so looks like electrical/mechanical issue of some type. Even narrowband shows the lean point