Tune input ka24de-t

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

EnnEssEnnKAT

Tune input ka24de-t

Post by EnnEssEnnKAT »

This will be my first summer with my turbo ka24de engine and I need some general input. My logs show I need some work on the ignition map mainly. Others I've viewed have some ups and downs in the high load cells, mine only is slightly changed in those columns. Previous tune I had was flat in those columns and I added some ups and downs.

The log timing appears to retard until I hit full boost pressure and once the wastegate opens it then slowly advances and I'm not sure if that's correct. I really need some input on the correct trend of timing from WOT --> Full Boost --> Rev limiter. 'I'm running about 10 psi in this log. my arf is reading well over the whole rev range, usually 11.5 to 12:1 at WOT. Any input is welcomed.
Attachments
test1feb2018.bin
Tune
(32 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
new2_2.csv
Log
(51.52 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Tune input ka24de-t

Post by Matt »

Curious as to why you lifted the whole fuel map higher (base was -6 in original values, and now 7 in new map)

I played back the log and there is a bit of timing reduced around the mid - top end. It might be knock detection retarding timing.

Have a look through our knock sensor tech notes:
http://nistune.com/docs/KnockGuideSR20.pdf
EnnEssEnnKAT

Post by EnnEssEnnKAT »

Matt wrote:Curious as to why you lifted the whole fuel map higher (base was -6 in original values, and now 7 in new map)

I played back the log and there is a bit of timing reduced around the mid - top end. It might be knock detection retarding timing.

Have a look through our knock sensor tech notes:
http://nistune.com/docs/KnockGuideSR20.pdf
It's a good question, and I think that was the result of copying a known-good fuel map and appending it to my setup. I did fidget with the K-const. and inj. latency a bit to get those dialed in and the AFR gauge looking good, so it must just be how it is. Not a big deal to keep it that way? Thanks.

Thanks for the link to the knock guide, it has a lot of good info in there. I will make a run with and without knock detection enabled and see how they compare to start.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

You could adjust the fuel map a bit back to normal, and use TIM to then fix up the base mixtures again, as long as your AFRs look correct