WGC34 Stagea Tuning

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Stick

Re: WGC34 Stagea Tuning

Post by Stick »

Ok, great!

Thanks for your help. Once i have the voltage regulator installed I'll do some logging and let you know.
Stick

Post by Stick »

Finally going to get around to fitting the voltage regulator this weekend.

Matt, What parameters do you want me to log?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

What did you need me to look at (sorry been a while since last update on this thread)

Normally: RPM, TP, TPS, ATPS, Inj time, ignition timing, boost sensor, AFRs
Stick

Post by Stick »

Just trying to give some feedback using a voltage reg to try and eliminate the TP drop issue with the factory MAP sensor disconnected.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Just set voltage reg to 5V output, and set the 5120 as the max boost to prevent the problem. Then monitor that no drop in TP when releasing throttle slightly (when TP is over value of 132)
Stick

Post by Stick »

Okie dokie, i'll let you know how i go
Stick

Post by Stick »

Having some issues with TPS still (cant reset TPS idle). Finally got around to reconnecting the factory boost sensor, which made the car idle funny, disconnected it and it would stop. Idles ok (if TPS idle active), but as soon as the TPS idle flag drop from just cracking the throttle, it hunts RPM about 70 rpm, and timing fluctuates between 0 and 30 (same as what it did with the boost sensor connected). If you open further, timing goes to 0 and stays there. Not sure whats going on.

Ive attached a idle log (voltage reg is hooked upto boost sensor input in this log) and current map.

Matt.. help!
Attachments
Stagea Profile Autosports 3.0 High boost rev cut fixed.bin
(64 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
NIStune_2019-02-06_1643_01.csv
(69.38 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Check mixtures at cruise (2000rpm) with boost sensor connected. TPS idle voltage should be around approx 0.5V to 0.7V. What does it currently sit at
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Also what changed? And why was the boost sensor disconnected previously?
Stick

Post by Stick »

Matt wrote:Check mixtures at cruise (2000rpm) with boost sensor connected. TPS idle voltage should be around approx 0.5V to 0.7V. What does it currently sit at

I can't check, i've got a voltage reg feeding 5.02v (as my original one had the nipple broken off and had the flags turned off). Ive got the TPS idle to sit at 0.44 now so thats something.
Matt wrote:Also what changed? And why was the boost sensor disconnected previously?
All i had done was, replace the plug on the TPS with a new deutsch connector and then plug in a boost sensor i had gotten off a mate and reactivated it Nistune. As soon as i plugged it in, the car started chugging (like in the log, but idling) i unplugged it and it stopped, but then would do it with the throttle just cracked (again, like the log). I thought i might have been the TPS wiring, or connector maybe. Tried another TPS which did the same thing. Plugged my old broken boost sensor in, didnt chug or act funny, but still chugged when cracking the throttle.

After exhausting all ideas, i decided to upload an older map, and guess what? worked fine. So tried the current map again.. and it worked.

I dont know what happened, but somehow, somewhere something happened to the tune? Couldnt have been the dodgy boost sensor?
Stick

Post by Stick »

Ive worked out (i think) what is causing the "chugging".

So after chucking the tune back on, i had noticed a while back that the LC Rev Limit Retard was set to 12600rpm, i hadn't changed it, and i was correctly set ages ago (4500, fuel cut was 4800), so i changed it back to 4500.. chugs. Change it back, doesn't chug. Then i remembered i had changed it to 4500 when i was trying to set the TPS voltage.

Any ideas why it might do that?

Also getting a "CAUTION: ECU with boost pressure DTC disabled. Fix or scale TP load to max 132" in Setup/ECU status window . Boost Pressure Sensor and MAP sensor flags are definitely ticked.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Ignore the warning about the flags. I noticed that here too with my car, so it needs to be fixed

That's right, you had 'stubbed' the voltage for the pressure regulator

There was a glitch with 'RPM' limiters in one of the previous test software versions, which was immediately fixed when found. It has changed your RPM limit retard when opening the window. That is fixed in later versions
Stick

Post by Stick »

Matt wrote:Ignore the warning about the flags. I noticed that here too with my car, so it needs to be fixed
Ok, will do.
Matt wrote: That's right, you had 'stubbed' the voltage for the pressure regulator
Yep, for now. I'll have to get a brand new one. Will the Neo ECU do boost control like the S15 ecu?
Matt wrote: There was a glitch with 'RPM' limiters in one of the previous test software versions, which was immediately fixed when found. It has changed your RPM limit retard when opening the window. That is fixed in later versions
Later versions? as in ones that are coming, or ones that are already available? Im running 1.2.102
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Maybe it was fixed in 1.2.103
https://www.nistune.com/releases/Nistun ... _setup.exe

Check by closing/reopening window if updated.

However there was an issue with factory consult not working in that one, so I pulled it down. Whole new release coming together now but massive amount of testing needed still
Stick

Post by Stick »

So seems i am still having the issue when trying to change LC Rev Limit Retard. Same issue as above. Nistune is version 1.3.0