TP not getting read with engine running?

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

MomentFD

TP not getting read with engine running?

Post by MomentFD »

I've got an S14A SR and just switched to a Z32 MAF. It's running pretty well after getting K dialed in, but on one run I noticed my fuel map was tracing only in the left most column, even while accelerating. I pulled up the TP gauge and it stayed on 11 [msb], regardless of throttle/load, and I got on it pretty decently while watching AFRs, they didnt look to different from other runs. I turned the motor off and started it again, then it was reading fine.

Any known nistune issues with this? Could a MAF fail in a way that would produce this situation?

Thanks guys
unreal-

Re: TP not getting read with engine running?

Post by unreal- »

Usually if the MAF fails, the car will go into limp mode, and also, you would not be able to dial in the K since the ECU will be freaking out and running very rich.

Other questions:

- What version of Nistune are you running?
- How was the car feeling when you got on it? Did you take logs of this TP not reading properly? Usually when TP is being read funny, but the motor is fine, then its something on the software side of things.
- What were your AFRs when you were driving around?
Ben C

Post by Ben C »

If you are on the latest beta version you need to tick b fuel schedule when connecting with Nistune.

It's not the maf
nanook

Post by nanook »

I had this happen once, many versions ago.
Switched everything off and back on and all was fine.
I considered it a one off kind of thing.
MomentFD

Post by MomentFD »

Thanks for feedback guys.

I'm on most latest stable - 1.2. Is that option still in there Ben C? Where do you even find it? In the table checklist on consult connect?

I don't think I was logging but engine behavior and AFRs seemed normal, I only noticed because I had fuel map trace up and it was staying in the left most column.

I'm hoping so Nanook. I'll keep an eye on it in the future. Best way to know if it's just a software glitch is if everything still runs fine? I just don't want to boost and use idle injection amounts and lean out.
nanook

Post by nanook »

When it happened to me, everthing was fine it was just a display thing, the car ran the same without any issue.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Just a display thing in the software. I've added a new Consult-2 paramter which replaces the current TP parameter